Ruining Esther's Plan A

Estel's POV

I'm chilling at home. Ever since the ball last night, I've noticed something amazing. I have my magic back, well not my magic. But my siphoning powers back, though I fill more powerful then before. Must be a side affect of Esther spelling me, her reincarnation.

I've decided  keep it a secret for now, so that they won't be taken again. I've also cast a strong protection spell on myself to prevent my powers from being taken again. It's not fool proof, but it'll slow a witch down. As he or she will have to break it first before they can return me to be a magic-less vampire.

There's a knock on my door. I frown, I wonder who that could be? Caroline is with Bonnie and Elena. Mum is at work. I open the door and I am surprised to see Elijah. "Morning Elijah, something I can help you with?" I ask.

"I was wondering if you would accompany me while I visit Elena. I believe my mother is up to something" he states.

"She diffidently is. We apparently talked last night at the ball and I have nod memory of it" I state.

"She also did a privacy spell to avoid being overheard" he tells me. "She also saw Elena last night, when I asked Elena about it. She lied, I didn't dwell on it last night. But now I am starting to worry" he states.

"Well then, lets go see Elena and find out what your mother is up to" I tell him. I grab my necklace and put it on. I lock up and we go to Elena's. She comes with us to the woods willingly.

"Forgot how much I missed this land" Elijah states.

"It was beautiful, at least from what I've seen from Esther's memories of it" I state.

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago" Elena tells us.

"I can hardly believe it myself what it used to look like" I tell her.

"You know, your school was built over an Indian village. Where I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives would gather to worship. Matter of fact, near that, there was a field where wild horses use to graze" Elijah explains.

"That's incredible" Elena states.

"Come" he tells us.

"Do you know this place too?" Elena asks us.

"It looks familiar" I tell her.

"I do. Below us is a cavern I use to play in as a boy. Connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. Perhaps it's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said there must be a balance" Elijah explains.

"Elijah, Estel I should probably go home" Elena tells us.

"Afraid we're not done talking yet" I tell her.

"I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful and yet when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face" Elijah states looking at her.

"That's not true. I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start" Elena lies. As Elijah and I hear her heart race.

"I can hear your heartbeat. It jumps when you're being dishonest with me. You lied to me at the ball; you are lying to me now. Tell me the truth" Elijah tells him.

"I never wanted this to happen" Elena states.

"What, Elena?" we ask.

"We were told that whatever was going to be in that coffin was going to kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother. We didn't know what to think" Elena says looking at Elijah.