Stefan's 162nd Birthday

Estel's POV

Caroline and I are going to the grill for a drink. We just arrived outside when Damon appears. "Estel, can I talk to you?" he asks me.

"Sure, I'll meet you inside Caroline" I tell her. She nods her head and goes inside. "What is it Damon?" I ask as I cross my arms.

"You wanna throw a party here at the grill tonight" he tells me.

"Why would I do that?" I ask him. "Why don't you?" I demand.

"Because then Stefan and his BFF won't come. I need a lot of people. Big crowd. Invite everyone" he tells me.

"I still don't see why I should do it" I tell him stubbornly.

"I could always get Caroline to do it" he threatens.

"Leave my little sister alone Damon" I order glaring at him.

"I will, if you help me with the towns vampire problem. And I want my crystal back" he tells me.

"What crystal? Do you main the one you got at the founder's party?" I ask him.

"Yes that one, somehow your sister got a hold of it and she gave it to Bonnie. I want it back" he tells me.

"I'll see what I can do" I tell him. "But remember the rules Damon" I add before going into the grill. I tell Caroline about throwing a party tonight and she agrees to help. She invites people while I talk to the manager. She agreed to let us host the party at the grill tonight. I return to Caroline and my table.

"Invites all sent" she tells me smiling.

"Great, we're all good to have the party here" I tell her. "Just need a band" I say and then remember the school's senior band. I call the lead singer and he said they'd be there. "Music sorted" I say smugly.

"We should go change for the party" she tells me. I agree and we go home. We change and go back to the grill. To see the party in full swing. I spot Damon at the bar and go over to him.

"Enjoying the party?" I ask him.

"Do you have my crystal?" he asks me.

"I haven't seen Bonnie yet, so no" I tell him. "But she is invited" I assure him.

"Well I'm not enjoying the party then" he tells me. "Now excuse me" he says and leaves me alone. I sigh and order a drink. I drink it and spot Bonnie. I go over to her with a smile and see the crystal around her neck.

"Hey that's my crystal" I tell her frowning in confusion. "How do you have it?" I ask her.

"Caroline gave it to me" she states.

"It wasn't hers to give" I tell her. "Can I please have it back?" I ask her.

"Why?" she asks me confused.

"It was a gift from my grandmother before she died. I don't usually wear it and wore it the day of the founder's party. Where I lost, please it's important to me Bonnie" I lie to her.

"I can't give it back to you" she tells me.

"Well, I didn't want to tell you this but I'm your friend, when you wear it makes you look fat. There I said it, but it's because I'm your friend so..." I say holding my hand out.

"I'm sorry Estel, I can't" she tells me.

"What do you mean you can't? Bonnie it's Damons" I tell her.

"I thought you said it was yours" she says confused.

"It is" I tell her cursing myself.

"So he's the one who really wants it back" she says.

"Bonnie please" I say.

"The answer is no" she says and walks away from me. I curse and go back to the bar. But I run into Damon.

"Where is it?" he asks me.

"Bonnie won't give it to me" I tell him.

"So rip it off her neck" he tells me.

"She's my friend I am not going to do that. I was close to getting it from her by lying. Saying it was a gift from my grandmother, but then I let slip your name and now she refuses to give it to me" I explain.

"Damn it! I need that crystal" he tells me.

"I'm sorry Damon, how is the vampire problem?" I ask him.

"Want to help?" he asks me.

"If means protecting my sister and this town. Of course, I'll help" I tell him.

"Good, come with me" he says grabbing my wrist and drags me out back. We go to a dark alleyway. "Don't scream" he tells me and sinks his fangs into my neck. I groan in pain biting my lip to keep in my scream. He drinks deeply before letting me go and I lean against the wall feeling wozy. "Did you see the blonde with Stefan earlier?" he asks me.

"Yes" I say as I hold a hand to my bleeding neck.

"You need to tell you mother she's a vampire" he tells me. "Don't worry, she is one" he adds. "I'll have her next to me when you return to the grill with your mother" he states before going back to the grill. I silently curse his name.

I see one of my mother's deputies. "Please help me!" I call weakly and he approaches. "Please get my mother" I tell him as I hold my bleeding neck.

"Sheriff Forbes, we have a code V. It's Estel, she's been attacked" he says into the radio. He then examines my wound. "That's deep, but the blood is slowing. Did you see who did this to you?" he asks me gently.

"Some girl, she went to the grill. I can point her out" I tell him. Just then mum arrives with two other deputies. "Mum" I whimper as I make myself tear up in fear. She hugs me tightly.

"It's ok Estel, I won't let that thing hurt you again" she assures me.

"She says the attacker went into the grill and that she can point her out" the first deputy tells her.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" she asks me.

"Yes, Caroline is in there along with our school friends. I won't let that thing hurt anyone else" I tell her firmly. She nods her head and leads me inside with the first deputy. We meet Matt carrying a drunk Caroline.

"What happened? Is she okay?" mum and I ask him.

"Like you care" Caroline says to mum and I sigh.

"She's drunk?" mum asks Matt.

"Like a skunk" Care says.

"Not the time for jokes Care" I tell her.

"Are they serving you?" mum asks Matt.

"I'll take her home. It's on my way. I haven't been drinking" Matt assures her.

"I would appreciate that, Matt, thank you" she tells him. She then looks at Caroline. "You and I will discuss this later" she tells her.

"Can't wait" Care says and Matt carries her away.

"Don't let anybody else leave" mum tells the deputy. Who nods his head. " Look around let me know if you see anything" she tells me. I look around and spot Damon with the blonde that was with Stefan earlier.

"Her" I whisper pointing at them.

"Go home and lock the doors" she tells me. I nod my head and leave as she heads over to the pair. I drive home and clean my wound before bandaging it. I go check on Care and see her asleep with Matt beside her.

"Thanks Matt" I say with a smile. "But I would not be here when our mum returns" I tell him. He nods his head and I go to bed.