Caroline Missing

Estel's POV

"Honestly Katherine it's just a mountain" I tell her.

"I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good pair of shoes hiking through the mountains" she tells me.

"Fine, just wait for them at the base and follow them from there" I tell her.

"That I can do, when will you be rejoining me?" she asks me.

"In a day or so, I feel like something is wrong with my sister. Once I'm sure she is safe, then I'll leave" I state.

"That's what I like about being alone, no weaknesses or attachments" she states.

"I don't see caring for my little sister as a weakness, also you're only doing this for Stefan" I remind her. Before hanging up. I head downstairs. "Care back yet?" I ask mum.

"No" she answers and I frown in concern. "Something wrong?" she asks me.

"I just have a bad feeling that something bad is happening to her" I tell her.

"I'm sure she's fine, probably still with Tyler" she states.

"Yeah, I'm probably worrying for nothing" I mutter. "I'm gonna go to the Grill" I tell her. She nods her head and I give her a hug. Before leaving.

I arrive at the grill to see Matt with Tyler. "Hey Tyler, where's my sister?" I ask him.

"No idea, I thought I was meeting her here. Mum said she snuck out this morning" he tells me.

"Well she didn't come home" I tell him.

"Have you seen her Matt?" he asks.

"Not keeping up on her comings and goings anymore" Matt tells him.

"Look, man, I never meant for me and her being friends to be a problem for you" Tyler tells him.

"Still saying you're only friends" I say teasingly.

"It is what it is. Tonight's a full moon. She usually helps you?" Matt asks him.

"Yeah, whatever" Tyler says.

"That explains it" I mutter.

"Do you, uh...Is this like the kind of thing that you need another person for?" Matt asks him.

"I can handle it, but thanks" Tyler tells him. "Explains what?" he asks me.

"I've just had a bad feeling all morning that something is wrong with Care" I tell him.

"I'm sure she's fine" he assures me. He picks up his cup of coffee and I smell the vervain in it. He takes a sip and gags. "Ahh. What is up with my taste buds today?" he grumbles.

"Heh. It's the vervain. The sheriff has me slip it into the coffee here every now and then" Matt explains. Sounds like mum.

"That's what vervain tastes like?" Tyler asks shocked.

"Yeah. I'm surprised you can taste it, the coffee usually hides the flavour. For humans, anyway" Matt states.

"Something wrong Tyler?" I ask him.

"I think Care is in trouble, come with me" he tells me. We go to his house. As he told me his mum had slipped vervain into his coffee this morning. She was the one who told him that Care had left. We arrived at his house and found his mum in his late dad's study.

"You put vervain in my coffee this morning. Why?" Tyler asks her. As I stay hidden, I smell a familiar scent. I had tracked Care's to the basement, but she's no longer there.