Masquerade

Estel's POV

We're finally going to kill Katherine. Serves her right for killing my sister and turning her into a vampire. And has been using her either since. Elena has no idea. We called Bonnie in to help. As Katherine doesn't know I'm a witch and Damon wants it to stay that way. Soon I'm Plan B if Plan A fails. Bonnie arrives and Jeremy tells her we're killing Katherine along with Stefan. While Alaric shows us how to use his vampire slaying weapons.

"I know you love Elena and you want to be with her but it's risky. Too many people could get hurt" Bonnie states.

"Not is we separate her from the public" I tell her.

"Look, I want Elena back, yes but it's more than that. What Katherine did to Jenna it crossed the line. She has to be stopped before it happens again" Stefan tells her.

"But why call me? Estel is a witch" Bonnie says confused.

"Katherine doesn't know I'm a witch. Damon wants it to stay that way. I'm the secret weapon" I tell her.

"Katherine knows me, right? She knows that I'm not gonna try something in a crowd full of innocent people so that gives me an edge. I could catch her by surprise" Stefan explains.

"I could do a spell to trap her, like the tomb spell" Bonnie says.

"Right. We can isolate her, away from the others. Please Bonnie" Stefan says. Bonnie finally agrees to help. We plan everything out. Then I go home with Care and we got ready for the masquerade ball.

"I was wrong, you do look good in yellow" Care tells me as she does my hair.

"I know" I say with a smile. I summon my grimoire over. I open it and start to look though it.

"What are you doing?" she asks me.

"Making sure I'm ready if something goes wrong tonight. I'm not going to let her hurt you ever again" I tell her.

"I'm still surprised your a witch, yet no one else in our family is" she states. "Not to sound rude, but are you sure you're not adopted?" she asks me.

"I'm sure, Damon even looked into it. I am your full blooded sister" I tell her. "Now, it's time" I tell her.

"I don't know Estel, what if you die?" she asks me concerned.

"Which is why I take a shot of your blood twice a day. So that if I die, I can come back and be with you forever. Remember always and forever" I tell her smiling.

"I love when you say that" she says hugging me. She fills a shot glass with her blood and I drink it. None of the others know I drink her blood. "Time for make up" she says smiling. We do each others makeup before putting our masks on.

"Lets go kill a bitch" I tell her smirking. She smiles back and we go to the Lockwood mansion. We're invited in by Carol.

"What now?" she asks me.

"We blind in, have fun until we get the message" I tell her. She nods her head saying she's going to go look for Matt. I start to mingle and sense a witch nearby that's not Bonnie. "Not good" I mumble and set about looking for her.

I soon find her in a black dress. Something about her magic feels familiar. "Can I help you?" she asks me.

"Who are you?" I ask her.

"A little rude, but I'm Lucy" she states.

"Estel, your new to town" I state.

"I'm here with Elena Gilbert" she states.

"Nice try, but Elena isn't here. She's at home with her aunt. Who is recovering from a stab wound" I state. "I know who you're really here with and if she hurts my sister again. She's dead" I tell her. Before leaving and text Bonnie.

I know, I have it under control she texts back. She had better. Katherine dies tonight, no matter what. Even if I have to do it myself. I decide to go outside to get some fresh air. I get text from Caroline saying it's her turn. I send her one, wishing her luck. As Bonnie and Jeremy exit the mansion.

"What the hell is going on?" Elena demands.

"We're killing that bitch Katherine, this way" I tell them and lead them to a park bench.

"You guys are trying to kill her here?" Elena demands.

"We saw an opportunity and we knew we had to take it" Jeremy states.

"Okay, stop with the we, are you guys crazy? You're gonna get yourselves killed" Elena tells us.

"We know what we're doing, Elena" Bonnie assures her.

"Besides there is a back up plan" I add.

"And how am I supposed to feel if one of you guys gets hurt because of me?" Elena asks us.

"It's not just you anymore, Elena. She's messed with all of us, she has to be stopped" Jeremy tells her.

"She killed my sister, turning her into a vampire. She dies tonight" I state. Suddenly she screams in pain holding her shoulder and I see blood blossoming. I curse as I put pressure over it.

"What's going on?" Jeremy demands.

"Jeremy, it's Katherine. She's linked to Katherine, get them to stop! Now!" Bonnie shouts and he runs towards the mansion.

"Bonnie, go find that witch and deal with her. I'll look after Elena" I tell her.

"But you're stronger then me. Shouldn't you deal with the witch?" she asks me.

"Trust me, only you can deal with her. Trust your instincts" I tell her. "I have Elena, go" I state. She nods and leaves. "It'll be ok Elena" I assure her. Her hand cuts open and I curse.

"Estel, it hurts" she cries.

"I can't stop the spell Elena" I say apologetically. "But I can try take the pain away" I tell her. "Ascinda, mulaf, hinto, ascinda" I chant. Jeremy rejoins us and I continue to chant while they talk.

"Where's Bonnie?" he asks me.

"Dealing with Katherine's witch" I state. I feel the spell lift. "Bonnie did it, you should feel better soon Elena. But I think I should drive you home" I tell her.

"Ok, thank you Estel. But first I have to take to Stefan" she tells me.

"Of course, I'll go tell Caroline and have her drive my car home" I tell her. We go our separate ways. I gave Care my keys saying I'd see her at home. She said she was going to go see Matt before leaving.

I then going to meet Elena. I find her on the phone to her brother. I hold my hand out and she hands me the keys to her car. "Yeah Jeremy, I've got my car. Tell Bonnie that whatever she did, I'm starting to feel better. Thanks to her and Estel. Yeah, you can drive her home. Estel is driving me and I'm going to go to bed when I get home, okay" she explains.

She hangs up and and I unlock the car. I hear a muffled scream. I turn to see a man covering Elena's mouth. "Let her go" I say glaring at him. He does so and she falls to the ground unconscious. I lunge at him aiming a punch at his head. He dodges it and punches me in the gut winding me. He then restrains me putting a soaked cloth over my mouth and my world goes black.

A/N

Picture above of Estel and her mask.