Chapter 14- The explanation

You ran after Tom as he walked out of the party. Chris stopped you in your tracks.

"Hey y/n, why the rush for?" He asked.

"Chris move. I need to go after Tom." You said, still worried that your relationship with Tom may be over.

"Why?" He asked.

"Robert kissed me again. He fucking kissed me again and Tom saw everything. Now move so I can go after Tom." Chris stepped aside and let you pass.

"I'm going to kill him," Chris said to Scarlett.

You ran out of the house and called for Tom.

"Tom. Please. It's not what it looks like," You began to tell him.

"Oh really y/n? Because from where I stood it looked like you were making out with Robert" He snapped back.

"No, I wasn't, he kissed me." Your voice broke, you were about to cry.

Tom had slightly cooled down a bit. "Then why didn't you pull away?" He asked you.

"I tried, I really did. He wouldn't let me" Tears were falling down your face now, and you couldn't do anything about it.

"You told me he kissed you 10 years ago and just he's done it again. How do I know that you haven't been doing this for the entirety of our relationship?"

"What. No. How could you say that? Listen to yourself, does that even sound right to you?" You felt like you were never going to run out of tears.

"I've seen the way you act around Chris y/n, what's stopping you from acting the same around any other actor that throws themselves at you." He said coldly.

"Tom. Chris is like a brother to me, you know that. The only man I want is you." Tom was still angry at what he witnessed. He walked away from you.

"Tom" You called him.

...

"Tom." You called again.

...

"Tom. Please." You crouched down to the ground, it felt like you had been crying for hours at this point.

"I love you. Tom please, you have to believe me." After you said that, it felt like your eyes were creating a waterfall, with no sign of stopping.

Tom turned around and looked at you, he's waited so long for you to say that to him.

"And I love you y/n, but I can't be with someone who doesn't tell me the truth" you saw tears forming in Tom's eyes as he spoke.

"Tom I promise you, this is the truth. Come walk with me and I'll explain everything." you pleaded to him.

"Fine" He said stubbornly.

You and Tom walked around aimlessly for hours, you explained to him what really happened and how Robert has kissed you before. You explained how you thought it was because of the way you portrayed your character on set and how he may have believed the chemistry between the two characters was real.

"Tom, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you, if you want to break up I totally understand"

Tom looked at you and held your hands in his. "Break up?, why would I want to do that. Yes Robert kissed you, yes I overreacted but I'm still in love with you, so no I don't want to break up" He said smiling slightly.

You smiled at him. You both kissed and made up and apologised to each other about how you acted and made your way back to the party.

"Tom?"

"Yes, my dear?" He answered.

"Let's not argue again, I didn't really like that." You told him.

"Deal." He said, he kissed you before entering the party again.

"Where's Robert?" Tom asked.

"We put him upstairs and now he is asleep" Chris told him.

"Okay, Okay that's good." Tom said.

Everyone was on the dance floor, unaware of the almost life changing events that just happened. You, Tom, Scarlett and Chris were the only 4 at the bar drinking. That's when your favourite slow dancing song came on. Tom offered you his hand once more.

"Shall we?" He asked.

"We shall." You replied.

You and Tom went to the dance floor and danced the rest of the night away. No matter what song was on, you two never switched positions, you just held each other and admired the time you had with each other.

"They truly do love each other" Scarlett said to Chris.

"Yes, they truly do." Chris responded.

Word count 700 words