Chapter 24- The announcement

You and Tom woke up the next morning still in each other's arms. It was around 9:30. The memories from last night came flooding back. The slow dancing, the engagement, Tom's reaction to your pregnancy.

"Tom, can we invite everyone round tonight and tell them the news?" You asked him.

"I thought we were keeping the baby under wraps though?"

You laughed "No silly, I meant the engagement, and how in the future I'll become y/n Hiddleston." Your smile grew wider when you said that, it felt so right to call yourself Hiddleston.

Tom gave you the biggest hug ever, "Mr and Mrs Hiddleston, I could get used to that" You both chuckled.

"But to answer your question, yes we can invite people round to tell them. Who do you have in mind?" He questioned.

"Well Chris and Scarlett obviously my mum and Dylan  and of course whoever you want to tell." You told him.

"Dylan?" He looked puzzled.

"Oh yeah, he's been my best friend for just as long as Scarlett. He lives on the other side of England so we don't see each other much but we talk when we can."

"Ah alright. Well I was thinking my mum and my two sisters, Emma and Sarah."

"That sounds like a good idea, I'll text them all now."

You and Tom both looked confused on why you both didn't mention your dads, but you figured you would wait until he said something.

"Y/n. What about your dad?"

"That's going to be a bit impossible for him to come to the wedding Tom, he passed away when I was about 13." You laughed nervously, not that many people knew about your dad. The ones that did are your closest and most trusted ones.

Trying to make it less awkward you asked Tom the same question. "So what about your dad then?"

"Oh, him and mum got divorced a while ago and we didn't really keep in touch." He told you, comforting you with a hug.

"I'm sorry to hear about your dad, he must have been a great man to have raised a beautiful independent strong woman like you."

"Yep, that's my dad for you. Leaving this world and leaving his daughter with all of his best traits" You smiled to yourself.

"Alright then, let's text everyone and tell them to meet us here at around 6." Tom said.

"Sounds like a plan." You replied.

You both got your phones and texted who you needed to text in order to be ready for tonight. Since it was still morning, you decided to go to a little diner and get some breakfast before you started your day.

*Sometime later*

You were both home now and were ready for the day. You both sat down on the couch watching a film with Bobby, who sat between you. You paused the film and asked Tom a question.

"Tom. Does your mum even know about me?"

Tom sat up straight. "Of course she does, she's known about you since the day I laid my eyes on you." He laughed.

You smiled. "Awww, Tom that's really sweet."

"What about your mum, does she know about me?"

"Yeah. I don't like to tell my mum about my dating life until it's serious so I planned to talk to her one night and tell her about you. Well before I could do that, Chris opened his fat mouth and told her before I did. But yes, she does know about you." You told him as you both began to laugh.

You then decided to cuddle back up a watch the rest of the film and then get ready for tonight after the movie had finished.

*After the movie*

The movie had finished and it was around 4, so you had about 2 hours to get ready. In that time, you managed to bathe instead of shower because you felt like having a change, you washed and styled your hair, did your makeup and picked an outfit. By the time you were actually ready, it was 6:30 and everyone was already down stairs.

You walked down the stairs and said hello to everyone. It was exciting that you finally got to meet Tom's family for the first time.

"Ms Hiddleston. I'm so glad to have finally met you." You greeted her in a cheerful voice.

She hugged you in return. "Please dear, call me Diana. It is a pleasure to meet you as well." She replied back to you.

Once you introduced yourself to Tom's family, Tom introduced himself to your mum and Dylan.

He greeted your mother by kissing her on the cheek. "Ms Y/l/n. It's such a pleasure to finally meet you"

"The pleasure is all mine Tom." Your mother returned.

"Ahhh you must be Dylan." Tom reached his hand out to shake it

Dylan shook his hand.

"Nice to finally meet you Dylan," Tom spoke, waiting for a reply out of him.

"It's good to finally meet you too." He replied in a stern voice.

"Just remember, you break her heart and I wi-" Chris interrupted him.

"Don't worry Dylan, he has already gotten that talk from me." Chris said calming him down

Dylan rolled his eyes and walked off. Although Dylan and Chris were your best friends, they didn't really get along with another but one thing was for sure was that they both cared and protected you like a little sister.

Once you had said all your pleasantries to everyone, you all gathered them into the living and got them to sit down whilst you and Tom stood and told them the news.

"So the reason why we called you all here today was because we have something to tell you all." You announced.

Tom held your hand and held it firmly.

"Oh my God! You're pregnant" Your mum blurted out.

You and Tom both looked at each other and laughed nervously.

"Ummm no mum. We are not pregnant" You lied to them all.

"Moving on, so as you all know it was our 1st anniversary yesterday" You began to explain.

"y/n just tell us already." Scarlett shouted.

You sighed. You and Tom both looked at each other.

"Well the reason why you are all here is because I proposed to y/n" He told everyone.

You took your hand out and flaunted your ring. "We're engaged!" You announced.

Everyone got up and gathered around you both to congratulate you. You then spent the rest of the night celebrating and drinking champagne, non-alcoholic champagne for you though nobody except you and Tom knew that little secret.

It got to about 12 and Chris and Scarlett were the last ones to leave.

"Congratulations again guys, we are so happy for you both." Scarlett said as you hugged her goodbye.

"Thank you" Tom spoke.

"Love you guys both. Bye" You said shutting the door behind them.

"Well that went alright, didn't it?" Tom questioned.

"Yes I think that went rather well."

"I don't know about you, but I am very tired," Tom said as he yawned.

"Oh yeah, me too." You replied.

You went to go walk upstairs when Tom did his usual and threw you over his back and carried you to bed.

"Tommmm. Will you ever stop doing that?" You asked him whilst giggling away.

"I most certainly won't be." He responded, laying you down on the bed gently.

You both got ready for bed, turned some music on which you haven't done in what felt like ages and headed to sleep in the arms of Tom for the night, feeling very safe as you drifted off.

Word count 1.3k