27 | Real Feelings

Cheesy song to go with the chapter for extra feels^

Hope you enjoy this chapter! Please lemme know what you think! I love hearing from y'all!

•••

"He's really stepped up to the plate, huh?"

Thor smiled as he nodded his head. "He had to. He loves her."

Wanda grinned and watched as Loki helped Summer sit up, still sore from giving birth. "Do you think she stills loves him?"

"In time, I think she will." He voiced.

"I think she at least has a crush on him." She chuckled and turned to face the god. 

With a brow raised in amusement, he asked, "what makes you think that?"

Before she could answer, she was interrupted with the sound of them laughing. "That." She pointed out.

"What?"

She shook her head, disappointed by the clueless man. "Look at her. She's completely smitten. She's blushing, she's trying to hide it with her hair, but her body is slightly faced towards him, need I go on?"

He laughed and nodded in agreement. "I suppose you're right. I see it."

•••

After Landon was born, it wasn't long before the team found them. Thor stood guard of the three of them while Summer and Landon were medically checked and the Avengers secured the perimeter. They successfully ended the attack and were now on the search for anymore threats.

It's now been four months since the birth of their son and things have been wonderful. Loki was an incredible father, really. Summer didn't think he could get any better, but she was wrong.

Landon's nursery was in between Summer and Loki's room. At the sound of the baby's cries in the middle of the night, Loki always got there first to tend to him so she wouldn't have to. He'd politely tell her he's got this and to go back to bed. Sometimes she'd stay anyway or shoo him out instead. He always offered to change diapers, so feedings, and take Siv to school when Summer was too tired. Things were looking up for the two of them.

She couldn't help but admit that she caught feelings for him. Real ones this time. It scared her at first to admit it, but after many talks with her counselor and friends.... she realized this was real. She just wasn't sure if the feelings were mutual.

It was currently late at night and she couldn't sleep, even though she desperately needed it. Her baby was finally starting to sleep through the night, but Summer couldn't for some reason. She took the baby monitor with her and took the elevator to the roof. With a big fluffy blanket wrapped around her shoulders, she shuffled outside and sat on one of the couches they had up there.

She didn't know it, but someone else was already up here. "Perfect night for stargazing, huh?"

She jumped at the sound of his sleepy voice and whipped around to gawk at Loki. "Geez, you scared me half to death."

He laughed and took a seat on the same couch as her. "Sorry, love."

She affectionately rolled her eyes but offered part of the blanket to him, which he gratefully accepted. It was silent for a moment before he whispered, "The stars are beautiful tonight."

"Yeah, they sure are." She sighed, and pulled the blanket up to her neck.

"You know who else is beautiful?"

Her eyes widened, surprised by his boldness. She was fairly confident where this was going. "who?"

He leaned closer, his eyes flickering over her face. ".... That old lady who we watched on the television earlier. What's her name? Betty White?" He responded, immediately.