Bonus Chapter: Bite. Kiss. Repeat.

This chapter can be considered Chapter 4.5- before the time skip that takes place midway through chapter 4. If you don't want to go back and read it, it's after Loki killed Summer's best friend, Ally. Summer then tries to run away, but of course he catches her before she can get far.

Fun fact: I had a dream a few nights ago and it's been stuck in my head. It didn't involve Loki but when I thought about writing it, he kind fit the character lol. So I hope y'all enjoy this chapter literally inspired by my dream 😂

"Finally."

Summer chuckled and buckled her seatbelt. "I didn't take that long."

Ally chuckled and started the car. "I know, but we're halfway there and I can't wait to get there."

She made a hum in agreement and plopped her feet up on the dash. "Me either. I needed this vacation."

"Me too, girl."

Before they could even pull out of the gas station parking lot, Ally groaned in frustration. "I forgot to get gas."

Summer shot her a deadpan look. "We're at a gas station... and you forgot to get gas?"

"I was just thinking about how bad you had to use the bathroom, I didn't think of getting gas!"

Summer couldn't help but laugh as they pulled up to a pump. "You got it or do you want me to pump?"

"No, I got it." She shook her head with a roll of her eyes.

Summer chuckled and watched as her friend retreated inside the gas station, to pay with cash, she assumed. Her phone dinged, causing her to glance down.

"I'm here." She read the text aloud. There was no number. Not even an unknown number. Just the words.

She glanced up again, scanning the area around her. No one was in sight, not even Ally yet. She turned to look out her window, a sudden hand around her neck.

"It's time to go, Summer." Loki practically cooed, his grip on her neck tightening.

Her jaw dropped in what should have been a blood curdling scream, but no matter how hard she tried, no sound came out. She ripped out of Loki's grip and dashed to the driver's seat of the car and clawed to get out, but her vision blurred and limbs grew heavy, her hands kept missing the handle.

She blinked and was suddenly in a pair of arms. Loki's deep voice rumbled in his chest as he whispered in her ear, "I have you now. It's okay."

Her head whipped around to face her captor but still couldn't make herself scream. She summoned enough strength to flail herself out of his arms and ran to the gas station.

She threw the doors open and darted to the counter. "Please, I need help! There's a man after me!"

"Let's go home, Summer." The employee at the counter conveyed. Except it wasn't a stranger, but Loki.

She reeled back and bumped into a body behind her. She whirled around to come face to face with Ally.

Ally's head cocked to the side. "Go with him, Summer. It's okay." She smiled, blood seeping out through her teeth and oozing out of a deep slice across her throat.

This time, Summer did scream, but it sounded so far away. Familiar arms wrapped around her waist, a head pushing its way into the crook of her neck. "Summer?" Loki whispered.

She heard herself scream again, but her mouth wasn't open. Who was screaming?

"Summer." He called again, more concerned.