11 | Vulnerable

Author's note! Hey everyone. So sorry for the slower updates. I have some stuff going on in my personal life I need to deal with, hence the slower updates. Thank you for being patient with me. Prayers would be very appreciated 🫶🏻

I do sincerely mean when I say I appreciate all of you and especially the comments. When I see a comment, even something as simple as "I like this book," or even just a heart emoji, it makes my day. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right. Comments motivate me to keep writing and keep keeping on.

The updates aren't stopping, they're just a tiny bit slower than usual. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please leave me a comment if you do.

 I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please leave me a comment if you do

••• two days later •••

For two days he kept her in a closet. No food. No sunlight. No physical touch. Just her and her anxious thoughts.

From time to time she'd try to stand and stretch her limbs the best she could in the small space, but eventually she became unmotivated. She'd think back on old memories or replay movies she's seen in her mind to pass by time.

It felt like an eternity for her. She couldn't tell when days passed due to not seeing the sun. She reminded herself he'd let her out if she was good. He always did. Imagine her shock when someone else opened the door.

It was the maid. She hurriedly got Summer to her feet and made her eat. Her stomach couldn't handle too much food, but she ate the best she could. She asked multiple times where Loki was, and the maid would just say, "I have orders not to say until you're finished eating."

So she shoveled the rest of the food in her mouth and looked at the maid expectedly.

"I'm afraid it's not good news, your majesty."

Loki's come back hurt after his work multiple times, but he's a master at masking his pain. For the first bit of knowing each other, Summer never noticed when he was in pain. He always hid his pain from her, but she's never ever heard him admit he needed help.

"While he was fading in and out of consciousness with the healers, he was pleading for you." The maid explained.

She ran as fast as she could even though her weakened body could hardly hold herself up, but she pushed through. She didn't bother to apologize to the people she nearly plowed down along the way.

She burst through the doors and demanded, "where is he!?"

Before she could go very far, a guard was quick to stop her, "apologies, my queen. The healers ordered no one to go in just quite yet. In the mean time, I can tell you what happened."

She frustratedly brushed her tears away. "Please do."

He went on to explain Loki was out to meet someone (he'd never say who) when there was an ambush. He was badly bruised and shot in the stomach and right leg. He's lucky to be alive right now.