20 | Closet

The last chapter made people cry?? I didn't know it was that sad?? So sorry if it did but it also makes me feel good about myself as a writer lol!

I hope y'all enjoy! Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!!

•••flashback•••

It was back at the old house. Before he started locking her in closets as punishment, he locked her in the garage. It was freezing in the winter, especially when the temperature outside went below zero. She'd been out in the garage over 24 hours now in only a tank top and leggings, no food, and a bucket to use the bathroom in.

Actually, she also had an old small gas heater he "let" her have. It was very old, and if you got too close, it'd burn you. So it was either burn or freeze.

She decided to move around to warm up, even though she was nearly too cold to move. She had to force herself. Though she was trembling, she stood to her feet, the cement floors against her bare feet sent another chill down her spine.

She walked around the room, and when she got bored, she walked in the other direction, pacing like a trapped animal in a zoo. She felt bad for the animals now, looking back on it. All the times she'd go to the zoo and take pictures of them- trapped with no where to go. Their freedom and free will taken away forever, just like hers.

She paused in her steps when she noticed something on one of the shelves she hadn't before. The closer she got, the more excited she felt.

On one of the shelves in the garage was an old phone. It was so old, and God only knew if it'd work. She nearly cried in glee when she found the charger that went with it.

She hurriedly plugged the phone in and hid it behind a bin that was laying around in case Loki walked in. She decided to do ten laps around the garage before she'd check the phone and see if it turned on.

8....9....10! She ran back to the phone, said a quiet prayer in her head, and flipped it over.

It was on.

This almost seemed too good to be true, but she had to move fast. She kept the phone plugged in and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I need help, please." She whispered hoarsely into the phone. "My name is Summer-"

"Oh, my dear, I hoped you would have learned your lesson by now."

That voice- his voice. It sent shivers down her spine.

He knocked the phone out of her hand, and she bravely- foolishly, dove for it. She slid across the floor and just before she could grasp the phone, a heavy boot slammed down on her arm, making her cry out in pain. The pain lessened and instead the boot slammed down on the phone, shattering it.

No.... That was her only way out.

"Who did you call?" Loki asked with a disturbingly calm voice. She said nothing and kept her head down, trembling and cowering away. "I asked you a question!" He yelled and grabbed the arm he just stomped on to bring her closer.

"911!" She cried out and let out a yelp as he dropped her.

He let out a humorless dark chuckle. "You'll pay for that."

Summer scrambled back, tripped over her own feet, and crashed onto the floor. She crawled backwards as he prowled closer, desperate sobs for mercy falling from her lips. "No, please, I'm sorry. It won't happen again, I-I'll be better, I'll be good, I'm sorry!"