10 | I Know What You Did

Okay so we didn't technically reach the comment goal (bc they weren't all from different accounts), but we still got a lot of comments! Since I am so grateful for those who commented (y'all know who you are ❤️) here's a slightly early update!

Same goal as last time for the next chapter to be posted early: 7 comments, not all from the same account! 🫡

I'm taking attendance ✍🏻
Comment here with your fav Marvel character pls!

Please don't forget to comment and vote!! Your comments literally are everything to me! They're so encouraging!

The following day, Summer's finger was still healing. Loki tended to her all day, doing his best to relieve her pain. He told her the healers couldn't help her because the pain was part of the commitment. Of course, he healed rather quickly, being a god and all.

She had timidly requested another date outside to take her mind off the pain, and he couldn't say no to her. They laid down on the blanket on the grass, her head rested on his chest, and his arm snuggly around her.

They laid in silence, enjoying the peace and quiet. After a few minutes, Summer broke the silence. "Loki?"

"Yes, love?"

"Are we a family?" She blurted out.

She felt his breathy laugh hit the top of her head and the rumble it made in his chest. "Of course we are." He replied, affectionately.

She went back to being quiet a moment and he patiently did the same as she thought of her next question. "Does that mean we..." she cut herself off with a sigh. "Does me being your wife change anything?"

"You were already my queen before, but this made it official." He responded, knowing that wasn't really the answer she was looking for.

"I mean... I mean between us." She explained, cautiously.

He chuckled and comfortingly rubbed her arm. "There are some things husbands and wives do that we haven't done yet, yes." He told her and rolled over on his side to face her, and she copied his actions. Once they were face to face, he cupped her jaw with one hand and reassured her, "in time, love."

Her gaze dropped, but he quickly caught her chin and tilted her head back up. "Hey, you trust me, yes?"

"I trust you." She replied, robotically. After a beat, she asked, "does this mean you wish to expand our family?"

"We will address that when we get there." He responded as vaguely as he usually does before changing the topic. "I do need to tell you something important."

She peeked up at him expectedly with her big doe eyes, making his heart flutter in his chest.

He cleared his throat and further explained, "I will be leaving soon for a couple days to take care of some business-"