| The End |

This is it! Please read the author's note at the end. Love you all! Thank you for all the support! Hope to see you in another book of mine 🩷

•••

Her sheets were light and airy, made of silk. Loki liked light and silk sheets.

The room was getting brighter, the lack of curtains slowly allowing the sunlight to pour in. Loki didn't like curtains, he liked the natural sunlight wake him up.

She felt the dip in the bed next to her from Loki's weight. She felt him move and lean over her to press a kiss to her forehead. She cracked an eye open, revealing what she thought to be true. She was in her bedroom.

"Good morning, love." He hummed as he nuzzled his face into her messy hair.

Summer sighed as his arms gently trailed up and down her bare arm, making her shiver. "Morning," she replied after a moment.

He pulled away just enough to gaze into her eyes. "You alright?"

She managed to hold back a flinch when she thought back on jumping from the building. She had no further memory after that. She wondered if it even happened.

She nodded and stretched her limbs, heavy with sleep. "Yeah, I just had a strange dream... and I'm hungry."

He chuckled and planted a kiss to the side of her head before he got out of bed. He ran a hand through his messy hair, his bare torso on display. "I'll go ask the maid to bring us something to eat and then you can tell me all about this strange dream you had when I'm back."

She begrudgingly got up with him. "No, I think I'd like to eat in the dining room today." She sleepily mumbled.

"No breakfast in bed?" He questioned as he pulled a shirt over his head.

She shook her head. "Not today," she yawned and rubbed her tried eyes. "I'm going to try to wake up and splash some water on my face. Meet you down there?"

He happily agreed and headed to the kitchen. She didn't take very long. She did as she said she would and brushed her hair to make her appearance a little more presentable.

She decided against staying in one of Loki's sleep shirts and choose one of her more elaborate robes he got for her that she hardly wore. While they were stunning, they were a tad impractical. The sheer material made her cold, the feathers made her nose itch, and the train got in the way. However, she felt this particular black one was just the right one for the occasion.

She passed by the kitchen and spotted a chef chopping up some fruits for their breakfast. "Can I bring that to the dining room?"

"Your majesty," he acknowledged, not expecting to see her. "I was just going to bring it-"

"Don't worry about it," she politely cut him off. "I got it." She ensured with a smile.

She picked up the wooden board the fruit, a sharp pain in her chest momentarily catching her off guard.

"Are you alright, my queen?"

She shook off the dreadful feeling and blinked back the tears that burned the backs of her eyes. "Yeah, just heartburn." She brushed it off. With that, she headed to the dining room.

Loki's head snapped up after a double take, a boyish grin stretching across his lips as his eyes trailed down her body. "What's this?" He questioned, lowly. "You look stunning."

He was taken back his wife's response. Normally she'd shy away from his remarks and wrap her arms around herself in a form of hiding. This time, she stood tall and proud, neck held high in sheer confidence. "It's a special occasion." She shrugged, nonchalantly.

"Is it, now?" He inquired, sitting back in his chair as she prowled closer.

"Mm hmm." She confirmed with a grin as she made herself comfortable on his lap and set the board of fruit on the table. She was trembling, he noticed. From the cold, he figured "I have a surprise, but you have to close your eyes."

His eyes playfully narrowed and he brought her closer to his chest to warm her up. "Now, you know I don't care for those."

Her bottom lip jutted out in a pout and she held up a strawberry up to his lips to sweeten the deal. "Please? You have to trust me... you trust me, don't you?"

"I do." He said and accepted the strawberry. While it wasn't entirely true, he was too caught up in the moment to think much of it.

She adjusted herself in his lap and leaned close enough to whisper in his ear. "Then close your eyes, Loki."

He obliged, anxiously awaiting the surprise.

Silent tears gathered in her eyes, a pain erupted in her chest like she's never felt before. She thought for a moment on the few decades she's spent with this man...

Then she grabbed the knife the chef left on the fruit board and plunged it into Loki's chest.

Free at last.

"I love you." She smiled so brightly, her cheeks hurt. "More than you'll ever know."

•••

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this book! And thank you for 139,000 reads! I hope you all enjoyed!

I know not everyone will love this ending, so I'm thinking of doing a one chapter alternative happy ending! If that's something you'd like, what would you have chosen for Summer's happy ending? Alone with her kids? In love with a different avenger? Something else? If you give me ideas, I'll see what I can come up with!

Love y'all! Hope to see you in another book of mine! I have a few out not and more to come! If you want to stay updated, please give me a follow so you can know when I post knew stories!!

P. S. Did anyone notice the first sentence of this book and the last sentence are exactly the same?