My Favorite - Eddie Diaz

"You are a life saver" Eddie gushed as I tossed him the gatorade I bought him when I ran to the store before shift. "Thank you so much"

"Anytime hero" I giggled taking mine out of the bag.

"Playing favorites now, huh?" Buck rose an eyebrow coming into the room.

"Shut up" I laughed tossing him one.

"You thought about me?" He mocked the gesture of feeling touched.

"Yeah about how much you'd whine if I didn't get you one" I shook my head with a laugh as he patted the top of it.

"Well thank you anyways" he chuckled moving to walk away.

"An by the way, Eddie will always be my favorite" I yelled after him.

It wasn't a lie. Eddie and I met in the military and have been inseparable ever since. We've helped each other through some of the worst times in our lives and lifted each other up in some of the best times of our lives. I consider it a blessing we were placed in the same firehouse, I couldn't have made it there without him.

If I had the courage to admit it to myself, I would say he was the love of my life. Whenever I needed something, he was there. If I was having a bad day or just needed some comfort or even just some company, he was who I wanted. But I would never admit that not even to myself.

"You'll always be my favorite too, Y/N" Eddie smiled kissing the top of my head as he walked past.

Shift was pretty normal that day, basic calls nothing too crazy. That was until the last call of the day.

"Go ahead I got this" I told Eddie before he ran to find the person calling for help through the flames.

I lifted the piece of furniture that was trapping a male before making sure he wasn't injured and helping him to his feet. I quickly moved to guide the male out before looking back to make sure the room was clear. I heard a cracking sound and when I looked up I noticed the ceiling had a bend.

"Run!" I yelled to the male before the ceiling cracked louder and everything went black.

My eyes fluttered open as my ears caught sound of a machine beeping. The light stung my eyes and the overwhelming smell of clean made me instantly sick to my stomach.

There was a noticeable weight on my right had that made me squeeze whatever was in it. It was a hand, and the person who owned that hand lay asleep in a chair next to the bed. My grip on their hand made them jolt up and look at me with wide eyes.

"Eddie? What happened?" I tried to speak.

"Shhh don't talk" he rubbed my head softly.

"What's wrong?" I mouthed to him as his eyes filled with tears.

"Nothing Y/N, absolutely nothing is wrong. I'm just so happy you're awake" he sniffled a little. I reached out and wiped the few tears that fell from his eyes. "You scared me" he chuckled through his tears.

"I'm sorry" I said barely audible.

Over the next few days while I had to stay in the hospital, Eddie was there whenever he could be. He would bring me food, stuff to keep me busy and extra clothes so I didn't feel completely gross. I was grateful for the stuff he brought and honestly just for his presence alone.

Everyone else from the fire house had made it a point to visit, but no one made me happier to be around than Eddie. He made having to be in the hospital bearable.

"Do you need anything else?" Eddie asked getting comfy in the chair next to the bed.

"No, I have everything. I just want to get out of here and go home" I said taking a deep breath and sitting on the edge of the bed facing him.

"I know you do and in the morning you'll be able to, but please don't push yourself. They'll probably tell you to rest for a few days and you should really listen to them"

"Sure thing Dr. Diaz" I giggled pulling the blanket around my shoulders.

"Listen, I'm serious. You scared us all just please try to take it easy...for me?" He gently took my hand in his.

"Only because you're my favorite" I smiled giving his hand a squeeze.

"I have tomorrow off, I can take you home in the morning" he said softly rubbing his thumb along my hand.

"You have tomorrow off? How did that happen?" I breathed a laugh.

"I asked for it" he slowly smiled at me.

"Well you wasted a day off because I'm not making you get up early just to come out here to take me home" I laughed.

"I won't have to, I'm staying right here until you can go home and then I'm taking you home. No arguments"

"Eddie you don-"

"No arguments" he cut me off.

"You're so good to me, you know that?" I looked into his eyes.

"I try to be" he grinned at me.

His smile always made me happy, it was one of the things I loved about him...except I still hadn't admitted to myself that I loved him.

"If you're going to insist on staying you may as well be comfortable" I patted the bed next to where I was sitting.

"Are you sure?" He looked at me questioningly.

"I think so" I said honestly. I had no idea how it would end up making me feel.

"Listen, there's something I should tell you" he started, making my heart rate pick up.

"Yeah?" I swallowed hard.

"When I was waiting for you to wake up I...I think I finally realized why I feel the way I do sometimes towards you" he took my hand again.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm...I'm in love with you. One hundred and ten percent, undeniably in love with you. You're my favorite, you always have been" he smiled slightly at me.

"Eddie...I don't even know what to say. I spent so long trying not to admit to myself how in love with you I was and now I'm kind of in shock hearing you say that to me" I quickly stood up closing the gap between us and pressing my lips to his.

"I admit it. I'm in love with you and you'll always be my favorite" I giggled as he pulled me to sit on his lap.

"Does that mean you'll listen to me about taking it easy then?" He kissed my cheek slowly.

"Only because you're my favorite" I smiled leaning my body against his. "I might need a live in nurse though" I said with a smirk.

"Done" he kissed the top of my head with a smile.

Requested by: @SebastianStans_Girl

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️