You've Always Talked Too Much - Eddie Diaz

"I'm going to go grab another drink, do you want one?" My friend Patty leaned over to me and asked

"No thanks, I'm taking it slow tonight" I laughed.

She nodded and vacated her spot. She hadn't even been gone a minute when a voice peaked my interest. I knew that voice, that voice was familiar and it made my heart sink into my stomach.

I slowly turned to look over my shoulder and my suspicions were confirmed. There he was, Eddie Diaz. I grew up with him, when I moved here from Texas I never thought I would see him again.

Growing up, Eddie was always that boy who made my heart beat faster, my palms sweat and my mind race and here he was, eliciting all those feelings for me once again.

I battled with myself for a few minutes before deciding to head over and say hi. All those feelings, the sweaty palms, the climbing heart rate and the racing thoughts intensified the closer I got to him. He still had the same affect on me.

"Eddie?" I asked a lot softer than I wanted to but somehow it still grabbed his attention.

"Oh my God, Y/N?" His eyes went wide and a smile grew on his face. "What are you doing here?!" He asked almost tackling me in a hug and lifting my feet off the ground.

"I live here! What are you doing here?" I giggled as he put me down.

"I live here too" he smiled brightly.

"What are the odds of that?" I laughed.

"I thought you were going to Colorado?" He half yelled.

"I kinda bounced around to a few different places before I settled here" I laughed. Before I could ask him anything else one of, what I assumed to be, his friends cut me off.

"Who is this? And where have you been hiding her?" He laughed holding his hand out.

"I'm Y/N" I smiled shaking his hand.

"We grew up together back in Texas and then she moved away on me" Eddie explained shooting me a smirk.

"That's not...exactly what happened" I nervously chuckled. Except it was exactly what happened.

"For a second I thought I lost you" Patty giggled joining us. She caught a glimpse of Eddie and I didn't think I was ever going to get her attention back. "Who's this?" She nervously giggled.

"This is Eddie, we grew up together in Texas...then I moved away on him" I joked earning a laugh from everyone. "This is Patty, she lives in my building and she's one of my best friends here"

"You need a drink?" Eddie's friend asked slightly turning away to signify he would get me one if I did.

"I'm good, thanks. I'm taking it slow tonight" I giggled.

"It's been forever since I heard that laugh, I loved that laugh" Eddie chuckled shooting me a smile.

"You know" I started without thinking and before I could stop myself, it came out. "I used to have a tiny crush on you back in the day" I giggled. More of a monster crush, but who's keeping track.

"I did not know that" He lightly laughed easing me a little bit but I still wanted to turn around and run.

"Good thing you still don't, that would be awkward" his friend laughed taking a drink of his drink.

"Yeah, so awkward" I breathed a laugh. It was so awkward.

"So you both just ended up in the same place, years later?" His friend asked curiously.

"Looks like it" Eddie smiled at me.

"It's like it was fate" Patty clapped her hands together. "Like you were meant to be friends forever" she beamed.

Friends. That word cut like a knife.

"I think..,I need a drink now, excuse me" I nervously smiled and turned to walk towards the bar.

I felt someone fall in line behind me and I was shocked when I turned around once I got to the bar and realized it was Eddie. He ordered his drink and had me order mine.

"So you used to have a crush on me huh?" He smirked leaning on a stool.

"That does not give you reason to mock me the rest of my life now" I laughed leaning on the bar next to him.

"Wanna hear something funny?" He asked looking at me seriously.

"Always" I smiled perking up. I was expecting a funny story.

"I kind of had a crush on you too" he smiled.

That I was not expecting.

"Oh yeah? When did you stop?" I asked curiously.

Maybe if I had only told him back then.

"Who said I stopped?" He asked seriously, his voice dropping lower and his hand finding its way to my hip. "Did you stop?"

"I didn't stop" I barely breathed out closing the distance between us and pressing my lips to his.

It felt like this is what we were supposed to be doing all along, maybe Patty was right...maybe it was fate.

I pulled away after awhile, wondering if I had just done the right thing.

"I'm sorry" I started. "I just, I've wanted to do that for so long and I thought maybe I-"

"Shhh, you've always talked too much" he smiled pulling me back to him and kissing me with so much passion I thought I would melt into a puddle of my former self.

He only pulled away when our drinks were brought to us. He smiled a thank you to the bartender and looked back at me quickly.

"Let me take you to dinner tomorrow?" He asked hopeful.

"I'd love that" I smiled kissing his cheek quickly.

Requested by: Anonymous

Thank you for requesting! Please feel free to request preferences and imagines! ☺️❤️