It's Not Like That - Evan 'Buck' Buckley

"Buck, your girlfriend is here!" Bobby yelled into the firehouse as I got out of my car

I rolled my eyes at him and laughed a little.

"Bobby, it's not like that" I shook my head. He raised his eyebrows at me as Buck emerged from the building.

"It's not like that" Buck laughed half running over to us.

"See?" I motioned to Bobby.

"Whatever you say" Bobby chuckled walking away.

I shook my head and looked to Buck.

"I grabbed lunch after my workout class, I grabbed some for you too since I know it's your favorite" I explained holding up the bag.

"You're the best" Buck yelled excitedly gripping me in a hug. "You want to come inside and eat?"

"Is that even ok?" I laughed.

"Of course it is" he chuckled.

He led me into the firehouse and instead of sitting at a table, we opted to sit on the couch. We caught each other up on our day and ate. I got up to throw away the trash and while I did Buck's voice drew my attention.

"Hey, you still want to see that movie you were talking about?" He asked questioningly.

"The horror movie? Yeah, of course I do" I smiled sitting back on the couch and throwing my legs over Bucks lap as he laid his elbows on my legs.

"They just started showing it at that movie theater near your house, want to go tonight?" He asked not looking away from his phone.

"I'll check the times!" I yelled excitedly.

I had been waiting awhile to see that movie, it took forever to play at a theater near us. As we looked through the times on our phones we heard someone enter but didn't pull our focus from our phones.

"Look at that, you guys are so cute" Eddie said throwing himself on the couch next to us.

"It's not like that" both Buck and I said at the same time. We caught eyes and laughed a little.

"Sure, keep telling yourself that guys" Eddie smirked at us.

I rolled my eyes again and turned my attention away from Eddie.

"So I can come grab you at like 7:30 and we can go to the 8 o'clock showing?" I asked hopeful to Buck.

"Sounds like a great plan" he smiled.

"Alright great, well I have to get going. Behave and be safe you two" I giggled kissing the top of both of their heads quickly.

"Bye!" Eddie said cheerfully with a smile.

I walked out shaking my head with a slight laugh. I passed Hen on the way out.

"Hey Hen, good to see you. I was just leaving" I said with a wave stopping in front of her.

"You can come visit your man anytime you want" she laughed wrapping me in a hug.

"For the millionth time Hen, it's not like that" I laughed.

"You can keep saying it's not like that honey, but maybe just...open your eyes a bit wider. You'll see what we all see" she patted my shoulder with a smile and walked past me.

As I was getting myself ready for the movie, I kept thinking over Hen's words. Buck and I were friends, great friends. There couldn't be more behind that. Yeah, sometimes I didn't want to pull away from hugs or my stomach would get a little weird feeling when he would smile at me but that could be anything.

My mind wandering had pushed me behind and I realized I needed to finish getting ready and quickly. As I grabbed my clothes, the doorbell rang. I was already running late for the time frame I had given Buck to pick him up and I knew whoever was at the door was just going to make me that much more late. I sighed and walked to the door putting on my shirt in the process.

I was shocked when I opened the door to Buck.

"What are you doing here? I was going to come pick you up in like twenty minutes" I explained looking at the time.

He didn't say anything, instead he pushed his way through the door, placed a hand on either side of my face and brought my lips to his. It wasn't as gentle as I had thought kissing Buck would be. It was passionate, desperate and kind of rough.

He pulled away and placed his forehead to mine. We were both panting, out of breath from the kiss and my mind was racing.

"It's like that" he finally said still out of breath. "It's definitely like that"

I ran my hand behind his neck and brought him back to me for another kiss. Feeling him smile against my lips made my heart race.

"Definitely, definitely like that" I smiled as he gave me a few quick kisses and pulled me into a hug. "Did you still want to go to the movies?" I asked still in his arms.

"One condition" he smiled holding up a finger. I rose an eyebrow at him. "I can keep kissing you" he chuckled.

"I can arrange that" I giggled as he moved to bring my lips back to his.

Please feel free to request! Hope you enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️