New Life - Bobby Nash

I knew I had to do something and I knew I had to do it soon, or I would be dead. Four years was enough, more than enough. I had been telling myself that I had to get out of the relationship I was in for awhile now but I haven't had the courage to actually do it.

Every time he would hit me, he would find a way to make it my fault. Every time he yelled at me, he would make sure I knew what I did wrong to make him yell and whenever I was brought to inches from my death he made it a point to point out how grateful I should be that he let me live.

Tonight was different, tonight was the night I was getting out. He had already roughed me up pretty bad but that only made my will to get out stronger.

"I'm hungry" I said to him softly. "Can I order a pizza for us?"

"Make it a big one, I'm starving" he said like nothing had happened. Like I wasn't bruised and bleeding from his actions. I wasn't sure if I was more broken on the outside or the inside at that point.

I picked up my phone but instead of dialing for the pizza place, I dialed 911.

"Yes, I'd like to order a pizza please" I said shakily.

"Ma'am, do you know you called 911?" A female voice asked me.

"Yes" I said matter of factly.

"Do you have an emergency?" She asked.

"Mhmm, it's for delivery the address is 1712 bellflower way. Can you maybe put a rush on that it's my boyfriend. He's starving"

"Units are being dispatched, has your boyfriend hurt you?" She continued concerned.

"Yes, how big is your large?"

"Do you need an ambulance?"

"No thank you, let's do the extra large"

"Does he have a weapon? Just say pepperoni if he has a weapon sausage if he does not have a weapon"

"Sausage please"

"Sausage? What are you ordering over there give me that" he wrestled the phone from me as I tried to move away from him thinking if I got to safety till responders got there it would have been worth it. That was until I felt him throw me to the ground.

I started to lose consciousness as I heard the responders approaching the scene. I felt the grip he had on me loosen then I felt his presence disappear all together and a slight smile formed on my face at the thought of help being so close.

I woke up in the hospital with a male sitting next to my bed. I jumped a little before he spoke.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm Bobby Nash, I was one of the firefighters that responded to the scene when you called 911" he said soothingly.

"Oh, hi" I said weakly.

"I have a rule you know, we stop at the doors" he motioned to the door of the room. "But when I found you barely clinging onto your life and covered in your own blood, I knew I was breaking my own rule"

"You broke your rule for me?" I asked quietly.

"I had to make sure you were ok" he shifted nervously in his seat.

"Thank you" was all that came out of my mouth.

Over the next few days as I healed and got back on my feet, Bobby came by periodically to check on me and just have some small talk. By the time I was set to be let free from the hospital, we had together managed to get me into the vacant apartment across the hall from his.

After being released, Bobby helped me move into my new apartment and I was very grateful for the help. The police officers that came to speak to me in the hospital had promised to keep an extra eye on the immediate area but to be honest having Bobby right across the hall made me feel the most safe.

Everything seemed to be going well after the move and I was happy to finally have a sense of normalcy to my life. I had managed to push my ex from my mind pretty good for the wounds still being fresh...that was until one night in the middle of the night Bobby came busting into my apartment making me jump awake.

I was covered in sweat and it was hard to catch my breath. I had given Bobby a copy of my key for emergencies and I knew if he used it, he definitely thought it was an emergency.

"Y/N are you ok?!" He asked panicked.

"What happened?" I asked shakily.

"You were screaming, you were screaming so loud I thought maybe your ex had somehow found you. You scared me half to death" he breathed out placing a hand over his chest.

"I had a nightmare about him, I'm sorry I didn't know I was actually screaming I didn't mean to scare you" I said quietly.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm just glad you're ok" he smiled.

"This won't ever end will it? He's always going to be a part of my life. Haunting my dreams, invading my thoughts. I'm always going to be looking over my shoulder or be terrified of the shadows thinking he might pop up" I started with tears in my eyes. "How am I going to live like this? He's still going to control my life" I started sobbing.

"No, Y/N, no" Bobby made his way to me quickly and wrapped me in a hug pulling me close. "He doesn't control you anymore, he never will again. Don't worry about him, I'm not going to let anything happen to you, ok?" He spoke soothingly while he rubbed my back.

"I just want a new life" I sniffled into his chest.

"You have a new life" he said quietly.

"Because you gave me a new life"

"Any chance you'd want to spend that new life with me?" He asked softly.

I hushed my sniffling and looked up at him wiping my face clear of tears.

"What?" I asked half confused.

He took a deep breath before he spoke.

"I'm asking you to be my girlfriend and spend that new life you got being with me" he smiled at me.

"I can't think of a better way to spend my new life" I slightly smiled at him.

Since the incident, the only times I've smiled was with Bobby. He did, in fact, give me a new life and I knew deciding to spend it with him was one of the better decisions I've made. He didn't just give me a new life, he gave me a better life just by being in it.

Requested by: @EbonyHogan

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️