I'm Not Going Anywhere - Eddie Diaz

"Are you hurt?" Eddie started becoming concerned.

"I'm fine, just help me up" I said reaching my arms up.

He extended his arms and I grabbed on the them for stability and pulled myself to my feet. I brushed myself off and fixed myself. Before I could thank Eddie, he was gone.

I shrugged it off and continued with the call. I kicked aside the part of the ceiling fan that fell knocking me over and continued on to help clear the building. Once the building was clear we were ordered to clear ourselves.

As I went to leave, being one of the last ones out, something ignited causing a big rush of fire to hit the last few of us out. I fell to the ground yet again but with the adrenaline running through me I didn't feel anything.

"Y/N! Y/N! Are you ok?!" Eddie rushed to me.

"I'm good, are you good?" I asked him concerned. He was behind me, having my back just like he always was.

He was my best friend and my protector, and I was his. We always had each other's backs whether it be on a call, in our personal lives or at the firehouse.

"I'm good" he helped me to my feet as we vacated the building.

"You good?" Bobby asked as we approached him.

"Good" we both said in unison as I noticed my wrist didn't feel right.

I got a better look at it and saw I had been burned. It wasn't bad, but it was definitely going to hurt. With how much adrenaline was coursing through my body I barely felt it.

"You need me back in there?" I questioned.

"It's been knocked down for the most part, you should get that looked at" Bobby motioned to the medics.

"But I-" I started until Eddie cut me off.

"Listen to him" he said seriously.

I nodded and walked towards the medics who were on standby.

"Ouch, took a little fire there huh?" Chimney said examining the burns on my wrist and part of my hand.

"I barely even feel it" I laughed.

"That's great because it is going to hurt like hell later" he explained making me giggle.

Back at the station I sat on the couch playing with the dressing of my wound that was now cleaned and wrapped.

"You doing ok?" I heard Eddie's voice behind me.

"I'm perfectly fine" I smiled turning to him.

"Y/N, you were injured" he stated seriously coming around the front of the couch.

"Barely" I shrugged.

"Can you please just take this seriously for once, you could have been really hurt today"

"You could have gotten hurt too" I snapped back. "You were behind me, you were in a worse position than I was"

"That doesn't matter"

"Of course it matters, do you think I'm not capable of handling myself? Do you think I don't worry about you too?"

"I didn't say that"

"I know the risks, Diaz. For all of us. It could happen to any of us anytime we put on that gear and go out there"

"But it can't happen to you!" He yelled in frustration.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked confused.

"It can't happen to you, Y/N. This" he knelt in front of the couch and took my wrist in his hand gently rubbing his thumb over the dressing. His voice got softer "this can't happen to you, Y/N"

"Eddie, nothing happened. I'm fine I'll probably have a scar but it's a good conversation starter" I laughed.

"I can't handle you getting hurt. I care about you too much to watch you go through that" he almost whispered still running his thumb along the dressing over my burn.

"I'm fine, Diaz." I said softly.

"You know, when I thought you might not have been fine it felt like my world was caving in on me" he sighed. "A ton of thoughts ran through my head. That I might never get to see your smile or hear your laugh again. Or hear the adorable way you scream 'Diaz!' Before jumping into my arms when we haven't seen each other in awhile. But you know what was the worst?" He looked into my eyes.

"That I still owe you ten bucks?" I tried to joke even though my voice barely came out.

"No" he chuckled softly "thanks for reminding me of that though"

"Whatever that worst thought was, you don't have to worry. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere" I placed my free hand on his cheek gently.

"Y/N, the worst thought that went through my head was I would never be able to tell you how much I love you. How I live for the moments when you jump on my back asking for a piggy back ride or how you attempt to give me one after. How I long for the moments you get so tired you fall asleep on me or when you hug me so tight I feel like you're going to squeeze the life out of me. That I would never get the chance to-" he paused to take the hand that was on his cheek into his own hand. "Hold your hand and tell you how beautiful you are, sleep with you pressed against me knowing your mine or just look into your eyes and tell you that I love you so much sometimes it physically hurts me, actually physically hurts me that I can't be with you."

He scanned my face for a reaction but I knew I didn't have one. I was frozen, processing and I don't even think I blinked.

"I just couldn't live with myself if you didn't know that. And now you do so I'm just going to-" he started as he got to his feet "I'm going to go" he cleared his throat walking away.

It took me a few seconds to process what was actually happening before I pulled myself to my feet.

"Diaz!" I called out making him stop and turn around to face me.

I took a few running steps towards him and jumped into his arms like I would have if I hadn't seen him in a bit but this time, I brought his lips to mine.

"Y/N?" He asked breathlessly when we pulled away.

"Were you really going to walk away from me? Sweetheart when you have a love like you love me, you don't walk away from them. You don't walk away from someone who has a love for you like I love you"

"I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere" he smiled putting a hand on either side of my face and bringing my lips to his again.

Requested by: @NoahBeck_isDaddy

Thank you for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️