Amazing Plan - Evan "Buck" Buckley

I slammed my book shut letting out a long sigh of air. I was done with studying, I was done with school in general. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to go back to school while still holding down a job. Some days I could barely keep the stress of my job under control, but add in school and there was no way I was keeping that stress under control.

To make matters worse, my parents had suddenly become a giant pain in the ass by pushing to meet Buck. We hadn't even been dating that long, I didn't think we were anywhere near the meeting the parents phase.

"How's it going in here sweetheart?" Buck asked as he walked into my kitchen.

"School sucks" I lightly laughed towards him.

"I know, but you're going to crush it. Just like you always do" he smiled making his way to stand behind me.

"I wish I had as much confidence in me as you do. I can't understand any of this, all the numbers just keep jumbling together and it makes no sense. And I can't stop thinking about this call I took yesterday, the boy was only eleven...eleven Buck, can you believe that? I mean I managed to talk him down but what if I can't manage that for the next person? And-" My rant was interrupted by my phone vibrating to alert me I had a call. "And this" I continued picking up my phone. "My mom won't. Stop. Calling. Me" I yelled the last words at the phone as I declined the call.

"Baby" Buck started as he started massaging my shoulders gently. "First of all, your schoolwork is just schoolwork, eventually it'll click for you it always does and if my chance it doesn't that's what teachers are for. They're there to answer questions and guide you when things get rough. And as far as your job, you do the absolute best you can do and you're great at your job, no one can ask for anything more"

I had been working at a prevention hotline for the past two years. The calls never got any better, I just seemed to learn how to handle them better but even then some calls just took a hold on you.

I smiled up at Buck while he rubbed my shoulders. He was helping so much just by being there. Then, my phone rang again.

"Oh my god, stop calling" I declined the call again angrily.

"Baby, baby, relax take a breather. She's your mom she probably just wants to know how you're doing."

"No I know what she wants, she couldn't have done this any other time but she has to keep pushing and pushing while I have homework piling up that I don't understand and I'm on the worst call streak of my life at work I just can't handle that right now I can't"

"Hey, come here" he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him slightly rubbing my hair. "Everything's fine, you're going to get through this. I'm going to help you through this ok?" He comforted.

"Why are you so good to me?" I looked up at him.

"Because you deserve it" he smiled. "Now, what is your mom bugging you about? Anything I can help with?"

"Well, Umm, not really to be honest. Her and my dad have just been pushing to meet you and it's stressing me out bec-" I spoke before he cut me off.

"Problem solved, we'll have them over at my place for dinner" he said quickly.

"Wait, what? No, I don't want you to feel rushed into meeting them" I explained.

"It's fine darling, I would love to meet your parents. Plus they would probably feel better about me if they met me" he smiled at me.

"Are you sure? Like, really sure?" I asked concerned.

"Of course, it's about that time I met them anyways." He rubbed my shoulders gently while he held me in his arms."I mean, I don't want the first time I meet your dad to be when I'm asking permission to marry you"

"Wait what?" I looked up at him quickly.

"You heard me" he smirked.

I reached my head up and kissed him softly.

"That sounds like an amazing plan." I smiled.

"All my plans are amazing." He chuckled.

"All of them?"

"All of them, like this one. You're not stressed anymore are you?" He grinned down at me.

He was right all my stress, all my anger from just mere minutes ago was gone.

"You are good sir, you are very good" I laughed wrapping my arms back around him. "I hope you have an amazing plan for dinner too because I'm starving" I giggled.

"I do actually, dinner at your favorite place...after you call your mom back" he chuckled.

"Sounds like an amazing plan" I gave him a quick squeeze.

"Told you, all my plans are amazing plans" he smirked.

Requested by: @zombiebff

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️