That Sort Of Thing - Eddie Diaz

I woke up to smoke in my room of my apartment

I woke up to smoke in my room of my apartment. I panicked, not knowing what to do. I tried to walk to the living room to run out the front door but that's when I noticed flames in the northern most corner of my apartment...I was trapped.

I quickly ran to the window pounding on it. I looked below me to see fire engines racing into the parking lot. I threw open my window and called out to the responders below telling them where I saw fire in my apartment to give them an idea of the affected area.

One of them turned to speak to someone else before turning in my direction.

"Stay there, I'm going to come get you" he called up as they got the ladder in place.

I stayed a little back from the window and waited while the male approached my window and cut out the screen.

"Let's get you out of here" he held out his hand to me.

I gratefully took it, ready to get out of my apartment. As we started down the ladder he smiled at me.

"Are you hurt?" He asked looking me over.

"No, no not that I know of. Thank you so much" I panted out of breath from the excitement.

"What's your name?" He asked quietly.

"Y/N" I barely managed to get out.

"I'm Eddie" he smiled brightly as we reached the ground safely.

The minute my feet hit the ground I turned to Eddie and threw my arms around him almost leaping into his arms.

"Thank you so so so much, you're my hero" I said to him as he wrapped his arms around me.

He kept me in the hug for a moment and the longer it lasted, the less I wanted to let go of him.

"Hey, lets get you checked out by the medics ok?" He said pulling away from me.

"I'm fine really, I'm ok I don't need to get checked out." I explained quickly.

"Yeahhh, nope" he said scooping me up bridal style and walking away.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" I yelled.

"Taking you to get checked by the medics" he laughed.

He put me down to my feet in front of an amused looking woman.

"She didn't want to come" he shrugged walking away.

"Mhmm" she called after him with a laugh.

"I'm really fine, he's over reacting" I chuckled.

"I believe you, but let's check you out just to be sure. You know since you're here and all" she laughed.

She asked what happened as she looked me over. I spoke to her telling her about waking up and seeing the fire but my mind was somewhere else.

I watched Eddie while he worked and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't hide the smile that crept onto my face. I wasn't sure if it was because he had just pulled me from a building that was on fire, or the fact that I found him majorly attractive but whatever the reason I found it hard to tear my eyes from him.

"He's pretty cute huh?" The lady checking on me smirked.

"I mean, I guess...if you like that sort of thing" I stuttered trying to hide my obvious attraction to the man.

I could hear her laugh under her breath and focused my attention back to her.

"Am I going to live?" I joked.

"I can confidently say you will, thanks to your knight in shining armor" she grinned motioning to where Eddie was now approaching us.

"Everything good over here?" He asked with a smile.

"She has confidence I will live" I did a small celebration dance with my hands half in the air causing both responders to chuckle.

"Good news indeed" he grinned running his hands through his hair.

"You really are my hero, you know that? I don't know how I could ever repay you" I tucked my hair behind my ear almost nervously.

"You could...let me take you to dinner? You know when the chaos settles?" He questioned hopefully.

"Smooooth" the female joke causing me to lightly laugh and look towards the ground for a second.

"I would absolutely love that, anytime" I beamed looking back to him.

"Here" he took the pen from the paramedics hand and wrote his number on my palm. "Send me a text sometime today when you can"

He handed the pen back to the medic and didn't break his smile as he turned to walk away. The paramedic looked back and forth between the two of us.

"I guess you like that sort of thing, huh?" She smirked making both of us laugh.

"Yeah...I guess I do" I smiled brightly looking back over to where Eddie was standing.

Requested by: pepper19338

Thanks for requesting ❤️❤️❤️❤️