Daddy - Bobby Nash

"Honey come on we need to wash up for dinner!" I called through the house to my five year old who came running to the kitchen.

I helped her wash her hands in the sink and after we were done I handed her a towel to dry her hands.

"Smells good" she smiled handing me the towel back.

"Thanks sweetheart" I beamed at the little girl.

"Can we eat now?" She bounced happily.

That was one thing I had to give her, that little girl loved food. Anything I would put in front of her she would eat. Even if she didn't like it she would try it anyways.

"Not yet honey, we're waiting for someone" I patted her head and she ran towards the table.

I had been dating Bobby for some time and finding time to spend together wasn't always quite so easy. Him being a firefighter and me being a detective meant we both had relatively busy schedules. Add to that the fact that I had a five year old little girl and schedules turn to all kinds of crazy.

I couldn't be more thankful for Bobby though, he was so good with my daughter and she had really taken a liking to him. She never took a liking to anyone either, she was always shy and standoffish with people she didn't know but with Bobby it seemed like she was instantly comfortable.

"Is daddy coming for dinner?" She asked excitedly as she got herself situated at the table.

"It's just Bobby honey but yes Bobby is coming for dinner"

Somewhere along the line recently she had started referring to Bobby as daddy and it honestly broke my heart. She had never met her real dad, he took off the minute he found out I was pregnant. Back then I was so crushed, so heartbroken over the whole thing I didn't know how I would pick myself up every morning. Now, I see it was all for the best. I was happy, my daughter was happy and that's all that matters.

Bobby had been  a good stable father figure for her for a good part of life and I knew she saw that in him. Even so, I knew he probably wouldn't appreciate her calling him daddy and I didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

I had been trying to correct her error by repeating Bobby's name to her in hopes she would stray away from the word daddy and stick with calling him Bobby. The last thing I needed was to completely freak him out and make him run for the hills.

"Something smells good" I heard Bobby's voice as the front door opened.

"Mommy made good food" the sweet little girl ran and jumped into Bobby's arms.

"I can see that" Bobby smiled at the giddy little girl in his arms. "Are you going to eat a lot of food and become big and strong?" He asked her.

"I'm gonna be big and strong like you and mommy" she giggled as he tickled her gently before placing her back down.

"How was work?" He asked approaching me and giving me a quick kiss.

"People are crazy, people do crazy things" I laughed pulling him into a hug.

"You are one hundred percent correct sweetheart, it's one of the many things that keeps up both doing our jobs. There will never be a shortage of crazy people doing crazy things"

"You can say that again" I kissed him again quick. "You ready to eat?"

He smiled at me to answer as I started plating the food.

I knew Bobby had wanted to live together, I wanted to live together but with my little girl it just made sense that we would wait for her sake.

Dinner went smoothly and we were watching a family movie in the living room with our dessert when Bobby turned and patted the head of the tired child sitting in between us.

"I should get going, someone looks tired" he smiled at her.

"Mommy!" She turned to me excitedly.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Can daddy stay the night and have a slumber party?" She asked happily.

"Uhh..." I trailed off and looked at Bobby who just sent me a smile.

"I would love to have a slumber party, if it's ok with your mommy" he looked at me seriously.

"Go change into your pajamas baby, let me talk to Bobby for a second"

"Ok!" she jumped off the couch running to her room to change.

"I'm so sorry" I quickly turned to Bobby "she just started saying it one day, I've been trying really hard to correct her but I-"

He cut me off by placing his lips on mine.

"It's ok, really" he smiled at me.

"It is?" I asked him confused.

"When we get married she'll probably call me daddy anyways it's not a big deal to me you know I adore both of you"

I smiled at his words. My heart had exploded with so much more love for him than I ever thought I could know. I kissed him deeply to show my love and appreciation for him.

"I'm done" the happy little girl came running back into the living room and jumped on the couch.

"Perfect choice" I smiled at her.

"Can daddy stay?" She asked expectantly.

"Yeah honey" I smiled at her before smiling up at Bobby. "Daddy can stay"

Requested by: @hxrringtonsss

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️