Wonderful Tonight - Bobby Nash

I woke up to kisses on my cheek. My smile spread as wide as my face would let it. Bobby had the day off and I hated that I still had to go to work.

Work had been hectic lately. Usually it wouldn't bother me so much, but mine and Bobby's schedules didn't seem to line up as well as they used to. I found myself not seeing as much of him as I used to and that left a sort of empty feeling inside that was hard to fix.

"I made breakfast" Bobby explained with one final kiss to my lips.

"It's 5 a.m. how long have you been up?" I giggled pulling myself out of bed.

"Long enough to make breakfast and pack you an amazing lunch" he smiled pulling out my chair for me and planting a kiss to the top of my head before heading to his own seat.

With how tough it's been to get time together, I would take any time with him I could get. Work was only a five minute drive and I was eager to get all the time I could with Bobby.

"You're the best" I smiled at him lovingly.

He didn't respond, he just looked over at me with a slight smile on his face. He knew how hard it could be being a doctor, and how crazy work has been for me recently. It warmed my heart knowing he wanted to spend time together as much as I did.

Work seemed to go by oddly quick and for the first time in, I couldn't even remember how long, I wasn't held over and had to stay later than I already was scheduled. I sent a quick text to Bobby letting him know I was surprisingly getting out on time since he seemed adamant on driving me to work.

I finished up all the loose ends and the minute I stepped out of the front door I spotted him.

"Hey beautiful" he smiled widely.

I threw my arms around him thankful I finally got to spend time with my amazing man.

"Are you hungry?" He asked against my hair.

I nodded silently, too wrapped up in his presence to form actual words.

"Are we going to pick something up on the way home?" I finally was able to get out once we were in the car and pulling away. It was already past 8 p.m. and the sun had already set.

"I have something a little better in mind" he smirked towards me and it lit a whole new wave of excitement in me.

He made sure to walk in front of me when we approached our home. As he opened the door the soft glow of candlelight made its way to my eyes. I felt my eyes grow wide as I saw the sight.

"I didn't care how late you got off tonight, I was waiting up to have dinner with you. I cooked your favorite" he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Babe, this is..." I trailed off at a loss for words.

"Don't worry, they're battery operated candles" he chuckled making me laugh.

"This is incredible" I finally said turning to kiss him gently. "Thank you so much"

"That's not all" he said pulling away from me and going to turn on our speaker.

Within seconds Eric Clapton's 'Wonderful Tonight' filled the room. I couldn't contain the smile that spread on my face. He held out a hand as he approached me. I quickly took his hand as he pulled me to him and held me close, our bodies swaying to the music.

When we first met we had been in the same circles without actually meeting. When we finally, officially met he said to me 'you look wonderful tonight' and I embarrassingly replied with 'like the Clapton song!' We laughed about it that night and occasionally ever since.

As he gripped me tighter and I felt myself doing the same to him, I felt at peace. Every moment I spent with him was better than the last. This song was definitely now 'our song' and he was definitely the one I wanted for the rest of my life, I was sure of it.

Requested by: strxwberri_swxxtener

Thank you for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️