|| twenty ||

Tw: slight sexual assault? Drunk, biting, slapping, mention of blood and violence

More than a week had passed and it was obvious to everyone that something had happened between Atsumu and you.
The two of you didn't talk as much as usual and the atmosphere between the two of you was just different.

The thing that had changed the most was how you dealt with struggles, most importantly your nightmares and inability to walk.
The last few days the pain in your knee had gotten worse again, but you refused to ask him for help, either you would ask Isaac or just handle it all by yourself.
You didn't feel like a burden anymore, and even though Atsumu had assured you that you aren't one, you wanted to be more independent again.

You wanted to show yourself that you could do things alone, which would later turn out to be a bad decision.

"I think you should talk to him again, this cant go on like this!" Isaac said while you just sipped your tea, rolling your eyes

Isaac said while you just sipped your tea, rolling your eyes.
The two of you have had this conversation a few times now and you were getting tired of it.
And Isaac was getting tired of his adult sister behaving like a moody teenager.

"I told you already! I said what I did and Im working on my struggles!"

"Yeah but what are you waiting for? You've loved him for like...way too long, why let him down now?"

"How often do I have to tell you? Because it didnt feel right, when Im together with Atsumu I want to gove him all my attention and affection and I cant do that right now."
You replied before taking another big sip.

"This is a vicious cycle (Y/N), will you ever feel ready to enter a relationship? Will you ever feel safe enough to let your guard down completely and can you really forget about the guilt and let someone care about you the way they want? You should think about that, and just let me tell you, sometimes there are things that you dont feel ready for but slowly grow into, and I believe a relationship is one of those things."
Isaacs was right, you just weren't completely ready to admit that.

"Im scared..." you muttered, running your fingers over the edge of the cup.

"I know, but I feel like at the same time you know theres no need to be scared. I can tell that you feel safe with him...maybe even safer than with me. Take your time (Y/N), but also know that you never were and never will be a burden to the people in your life, and everyone that thinks the opposite should just exit your life."

"Thank you Isaac."

"No need to thank me."