|| forty-four ||

The sun burned down on you as you lied next to Atsumu on the beach

His skin had gotten a nice tan over the span of the week and you liked that.
It was a really warm day and the two of you choose to spend it relaxing on the beach and going out for a nice dinner later.

Atsumu glanced over at you, enjoying the view of you in a red bikini more than the one of the blue ocean.
You looked so divine, not a single imperfection in sight, or at least he saw you that way.
He hummed silently and lied back down, pulling his hat over his eyes to doze off for a bit. 

You glanced and your husband, his toned and tanned body.

You had tried to enjoy your honeymoon the best you could, and you really did have a great time, but there was also that nagging feeling in the back of your mind.
'You can't hide it forever and the longer you keep it to yourself the harder it will be to tell him the truth. The longer you live with a lie the easier it becomes to make your whole life a lie'

"Atsumu...what do you think about children?"
You asked out of the blue.

He was a bit startle by the question but replied nonetheless.
"They can be cute...although I don't know how good I am with them..."

You felt your whole body tense up.
"Oh, did you mean for the two of us?"
He lifted up his hat, looking at you, and you hummed as a response. He thought about it for a moment before replying.

"I think I've mentioned before that I would love to have children...but maybe that it's still too early...we both are so caught up in our jobs and I feel like we still don't have everything figured out...I guess we did just buy a house that is big enough for a family...buy there's also no need to rush things in my opinion. So I don't know if having a child now would be the best idea."
Atsumu replied and you silently gulped.

"Maybe you're right."

"Do you like the food (Y/N)?"

"Mhh, it's very delicious."
You replied and then continued to silently eat your food.

It was unusual for you to be this quiet, sure you had your days when you felt like not talking much, but your behaviour at the moment made Atsumu believe that something was up.