Ch. 12 - Seminar

"I'm sorry for getting you guys into this mess," Sabrina said as we were walking into the building that was hosting the seminar.

"Are you kidding me, Sabrina! This is not your fault! I was the one that told you guys to skip," I said.

"And I certainly didn't help the situation either," Liz said. We all sighed. Today was going to be a bitch.

"Ah there's my favorite students!" the deceivingly angelic voice spoke.

"Hey Professor Wright," we all muttered.

"Oh, don't be so sad." She pouted. "We're going to have a great day!" she smirked. I rolled my eyes. Great for her, torture for us.

"Sabrina you'll be in the Ancient Asia History lecture. Liz, you take African History. Nat you and I will be in European History."

"Oh, good I get to be with you," I said sarcastically.

"I knew you'd be excited!" She joked. "Now let's go." I groaned and followed her. We took our seats around the middle of the room. There were about 30 people in the lecture.

"What kind of psychopaths would willingly come to a 5-hour history lecture," I said out loud absent mindlessly.

I heard a chuckle next to me, "Most of them are professors or Ph.D. students."

"Again, who would want to get a degree in history? Are they all masochists?"

The Professor laughed loudly, and it was music to my ears. "Nat, do I look like a masochist to you?"

"Definitely not," I mumbled.

"What was that little one, speak up!" she teased. I rolled my eyes knowing she heard me.

"Why history then?"

"Nat, I know this may be hard for you to believe but I like history," she said genuinely.

"So, you are a psychopath!" I laughed.

"I thought you already figure that out?" She laughed.

"Thank you all for coming!" The speaker began. "We have an exciting line up for you today."

"Exciting my as-" the professor nudged me before I could finish, glaring at me. I knew to shut up. Dear God, today was going to be hell.

After about an hour of monotony, I thought I was going to die. Then my phone buzzed. It was a group chat with Sabrina and Liz.

Liz: I thought the Professor's lectures were bad...this is next level brutal

Sabrina: I have been fantasizing about murdering all the panelists

Me: If I rip my ears off, will I still be able to hear them speaking?

Liz: If it works, please let us know!

Me: It's worth a shot!

Sabrina: How's the devil? She hasn't killed you yet, right?

Before I could answer, my phone was grabbed out of my hands. I looked over at the professor with disbelieving eyes.

"No phones, little one."

"No pleaseee" I begged, "you can't do this to me. This is already torture enough."

She chuckled darkly and leaned into whisper in my ear, "I love it when you beg...but yes, I can absolutely do this to you, and you don't even know what torture is sweetheart...but I'd be happy to show you?" She smirked devilishly.