Ch. 17 - Shopping

Well, if I'm walking, I better start now. Goddammit, Nat how did you get yourself into this! I needed to tell Cari. Something told me she would be pissed if I didn't. I was starting to learn her ways...

Me: Hey Cari

She responded almost immediately. Damn a woman after my heart.

Cari: Hi princess

Me: Don't be mad...

Cari: Oh God that's never a good way to start...

Me: Sabrina wanted to talk so I'm going shopping with her

Cari: Does that bitch not get the hint?

Me: She's not a bad person and I don't want to lose her as a friend

Cari: Ugh I understand but she wants more than that sweetheart. Like I said before I do not share.

I know I should be upset about her talking about me like that, but it just made me feel safe. I craved being hers more than I wanted to admit but I knew it was true.

Me: You're not sharing anything. I wouldn't have told you I was going if I wanted to be with her. Just trust me.

Cari: You have no idea how happy I am you told me, and I do trust you, baby. It's her I don't trust. Let me go with you.

Me: Nice try but we all saw what happened the last time you two were together. I am not breaking up another fight.

Cari: I promise I won't touch her!

Me: Cari I need to do this by myself. She needs to know that this is coming from me not you.

Cari: Fine! How are you getting there then?

Me: uh... Walking... I didn't want to get in the car with her alone!

Cari: Jesus, babe! I'm picking you up. No arguments.

Me: Thanks daddy

Cari: Oh, the things I'd do...

I gulped. Fuck I wanted her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, you call me immediately if she tries anything," Cari lectured me when we got to the mall.

"I know, I know," I rolled my eyes.

"Don't make me come in there with you, Nat." She warned clearly not happy with my attitude.

"No, no I'm sorry!" I pleaded.

She smirked "Good. Now behave little one." Time to play with fire...

I got out of the car, walked away, and yelled "No promises!"

I heard her groan, "Of course I have the biggest brat."

I opened the door to the mall and turned around and winked at her. She rolled her eyes and yelled, "You just wait, sweetheart. You just wait." She had a devilish smirk on her face and her eyes were dark with lust. I felt my heart rate pick up and butterflies in my stomach. I ran inside hearing her darkly chuckle behind me. She knew the effect she had on me...

Now time to face Sabrina. I found her in the food court, and she waved me over. She looked just as nervous as I was.

"Hey, Nat. Thank you so much for coming," she said genuinely.

"Of course. We are definitely overdue for a talk," I laughed a little trying to lighten the mood.

"Nat I am so sorry for the way I acted in the bathroom and at the seminar. It was so inappropriate."