Ch. 22 - Beach

"You know I've been in Cari's car alone before right, Emma?" I was currently sitting on Emma's lap in Cari's car. Cari being way too rich for her own good had what I could only describe as a batmobile for a car. It was an absolutely gorgeous car but very impractical as it only had two seats.

"Nat why would you get into her car alone?!" Emma practically yelled. Cari looked pissed. It looked like it was taking everything in her not to lose it. She had a death grip on the steering wheel and she refused to look in our direction. Let's just say that I had to stop world war three from breaking out once again when Emma insisted, she road with us instead of Dillan's van.

"She's not dead is she," Cari seethed. I rolled my eyes because I was so sick of these two fighting.

"I swear to God you two," I threatened, "If I have to break up another fight between you...ON MY DATE...I will ride back in the van with Dillan and leave you two to murder each other in this car."

"Fine by me..." they both said at the same time. I swear you'd think I was the one that was centuries old because they were acting like children.

"Do you two want to try that again?" I sent death glares to both of them. They both looked at each other waiting for the other to speak first. Cari broke first.

"I don't like you sitting in her lap," Cari glared at Emma.

"She was on your lap this mor-" Emma tried to rebut.

"NO MORE TALKING!" I screamed exhausted with their childishness. "Get me out of this hell..." I said shaking my head.

----------------------------------------------------------------

When we got to the beach I threw myself out of the car like my life depended on it. Emma and Cari were still not talking to each other which was fine by me so long as I didn't have to hear any more bickering. Everyone from the van was staring at the three of us with an amused look on their faces

"I take it you had a great ride," Dillan said sarcastically to me.

"I will pay you to take me back with you rather than sit in that car another minute with those two." I exaggerated and my friends laughed.

We set up all our chairs, blankets, and towels on the warm sand. I loved the beach. It was so relaxing and just hearing the waves crashing and the sand between my toes instantly relieved my tension. I took a deep breath and let the ocean air soothe me.

"Happy?" a voice purred behind me as I felt cool arms wrap around me.

I sighed in content and leaned back into her. It's like all my worries evaporated at her touch. She was my safety blanket.

"Now I am," I smiled and closed my eyes. She laughed a little and kissed my cheek, "good."

She let me go and I immediately pouted and turned around only for my heart to stop beating. Cari was taking off her clothes. She was wearing a black bikini that hugged her athletic figure perfectly. I was never one to objectify women, but I couldn't tear my eyes from her. She was perfect. Her body was perfectly toned. Flawless skin with the exception of a beautiful snake tattoo that took up most of her left side. I must have been staring for a while because I heard her clear her throat to try to get my attention.

"Who was the one that needed to control themselves again?" Cari teased with a victorious smirk on her face. I wanted to respond with a witty comeback, but I was speechless. I tried to say something, anything. But I just ended up opening and closing my mouth like an idiot with nothing coming out. I was unable to rip my eyes from her body.

"Wow no comeback?" her smirk grew, "Did I finally break you?"

"N-no, I-I'm good," I stuttered finally finding my voice. She started to saunter towards me, looking at me like I was prey. I started to unconsciously back away.