Ch. 39 - The Hunt

"J-just g-give us a head start p-please..." Liz stuttered in fear as we pleaded for our lives as the dommes were being untied. Maggie and Sabrina were pissed to put it lightly. I knew Cari would only protect me only so much...I was bound to face some consequences.

"Go easy on her babe," Cari smiled at her best friend as she untied her. God fucking dammit.

"You know what...I'm feeling generous," Sabrina smirked dangerously.

"Ohhh I'd love a good hunt..." Maggie said playfully but her eyes told me I was going to die...

"Ah. ah." Cari interrupted and I felt hope again. "We need a buddy system." Never mind...

"I don't want Nat or Liz alone out there. So pick a supernatural buddy," Cari directed us.

"You know what's even safer," I argued sarcastically, "not hunting us down at all."

"Baby you got to have fun," Cari kissed my cheek sweetly. "Now you have to let them have a little fun. It's the least we could do for them."

"We?" I said incredulously, "Cari remind me how are you suffering in this situation?"

"Baby you should know by now the game you are playing is rigged," Cari laughed heartily.

"Don't worry Nat," Izzy smiled at me kindly. "I'll make sure my sister suffers."

"Same," Emma smirked dangerously at my mate.

Cari just laughed like she heard the funniest joke. "I'd like to see you try!"

Suddenly there was a blur of fighting before my eyes. Cari was flying across the room, then Izzy and Emma. And it kept going like that over and over. It was like a tornado with no one really winning. Well that should wear them out eventually...

"Alright pick your buddy, Natty," Maggie said as we all ignored the chaos around us. There was no getting out of this... and to my shitty luck my only options were Joseph and Jess. Kyle volunteered to make dinner. Sam was still chasing Dillan somewhere and the other three dommes were preoccupied with trying to kill each other.

"Duck!" Izzy yelled at me and within seconds Emma was flying over my head and hit the wall behind me.

"Sorry babe," Cari looked at me with a guilty expression.

"Watch where you aim that thing!" I laughed and helped Emma stand back up.

"I didn't mean to!" She defended.

"You're so careless! You could have hurt her!" Emma growled like a protective mother and they all went back to fighting again. We all just shook our heads and ignored them because at this point, this was normal for us.

"Jess you think you can help me prolong my inevitable death?" I sighed defeatedly.

"Of course little Nat!" She skipped over to me and kissed me sweetly on the cheek. "I'm a pro at running away from Maggie's punishments! I mean normally that makes it worse because I eventually get caught..."

"That's reassuring..." I grumbled to myself.

"Looks like it's me and you Liz!" Joseph smiled warmly. Maybe Joseph can stop Sabrina with his cuteness?

"We're dead," Liz looked at me in fear.

"We'll give you a 5 minute head start," Sabrina smirked. We didn't need to be told twice. We were off running for our lives.

——————————————————————
"Can't you guys just carry us!?" Liz asked our vampires as we panted desperately for air.