Ch. 36 - War

"Babe, you're not taking me to the woods to murder me right?" I asked slightly joking but slightly serious as we were approaching the woods just beside our school.

"Of course not my love," Cari sang playfully which did nothing to help ease my nerves.

Guys are you still alive? I asked Kyle and Dillan.

I knew Isabel and Emma were on the hunt for them. Cari practically threatened disembowelment to her sister unless she found them and to convince Emma to help all Cari had to do was call and say we misbehaved. Emma didn't even ask questions. So now I'm not sure if I'm more afraid of my mate or my alpha.

We are fin- Kyle was cut off before he could fully respond. Okay, so Kyle was clearly just found.

Maybe running wasn't such a good-  Dillan couldn't finish before he was found too.

"Why so glum my dear?" Cari asked teasingly.

I glared at her. "Are you going to tell me where we are-"

Before I could finish I saw a large crowd of people gathered in the woods.

"Go join them and you'll find out soon enough." Cari kissed me on the cheek and nudged me over to the crowd.

I truly had no clue what was going on. It was a group of all men that looked like they've never talked to a woman in their lives. There was maybe 20 or so of them chatting away completely oblivious to me approaching.

"Nat? Nat Xavier?" A deep voice asked to my right. He looked familiar but I couldn't place the face.

"Uh...yeah the one and only!" I joked awkwardly.

He laughed and reached out for me to shake his hand, "We never actually met. But I'm Marcus Steele. We have Military History together." He smiled kindly.

"Oh, you're the guy I destroyed on like the second day!" I laughed and shook his hand.

"Don't remind me." He playfully rolled his eyes. Marcus was a cute guy. He had curly brown hair and sweet dimples whenever he smiled. He was skinny too and just barely taller than me. He was like an adorable dorky-looking guy.

"Hey, I wanted to ask. How are you feeling? Professor Wright dismissed class early. It looked like you guys were in some serious pain." He said with genuine concern.

"Oh yeah, that...." Nat, you really need to get better at lying "...we had some pretty severe...migraines"

"Oh, my mom you to get those. I know it's horribly painful." He sympathized.

I'm a fucking genius.

"Weird that you and Liz got it at the same time though?" He said looking puzzled.

Never mind I'm an idiot.

"Yeah, um...Liz and I are close...so I guess we just synched up...you know like how women sync their periods..."

What kind of bullshit was I saying right now? I even heard the distinct snicker of my mate from somewhere around me. Was this my torture? Having to try to lie. Because I certainly hated it.