Ch. 18 - Enemies

"What can you tell me about Rebecca Bernard?" Cari spoke seriously. Oh Shit, I forgot about that...

"Bitchy Becca!?" Sabrina laughed. "She's the worst!"

I laughed, "Dude tell me about it!"

"Nat, how do you know Becca?" Sabrina asked confused.

"Well our little angel here ran into her in the library...quite literally," Cari said sarcastically.

"Oh God Nat what happened?" Sabrina laughed shaking her head.

"Well Becky was being a bitch and I may have accidentally tripped and poured coffee all over her..." I tried to hold back my laughter.

"Oh my god, what did her face look like!?" Sabrina busted out laughing, "God I wish I would have been there for that. I've wanted to do that for years!"

"Dude she looked like she was going to explode!" I laughed.

"I bet!" She laughed, "Let me guess she said 'you don't know who you're messing with'"

"I said 'an insignificant bitch?'" I shrugged.

Sabrina was dying laughing. "She thinks she's the center of the universe. She's probably crying about it now."

"So, is she someone we should worry about?" Cari spoke up clearly the only adult in the room taking this seriously.

"I don't think she's dumb enough to harm a hum-" Sabrina corrected herself, "a person." I internally rolled my eyes. They are really so bad at blending in. "She probably will just want to embarrass her or something."

"How confident are you in that? How well do you know her?" Cari asked.

"Well, were practically sisters. I knew her for what felt like centuries. But then she met her mat- errr I mean her man. He wasn't like us. More like...Dillan or Kyle...but much more hostile. He influenced her into becoming a more hateful person. She was toxic to be around so we grew apart." If I was understanding that Becky was a bitch because her mate was an asshole wolf then I knew Cari understood what she was saying.

"So you lost your childhood best friend because of her boyfriend? That really sucks." I said feeling kind of bad for Sabrina that she lost someone so close to her.

"Well, Nat love can do crazy things to people. Sometimes it makes you grow into a better person and sometimes you are so blinded by it you lose a sense of yourself," Sabrina said sadly.

"So what I'm hearing is that you did know her but she changed so...you may not really know her anymore?" Cari said.

Sabrina sighed, "I suppose you're right. I suppose I want to believe Becca is not capable of something horrible but maybe I am just holding onto the person that she was."

"Sabrina, I'm sorry you lost your friend. I would never do anything to take Nat away from her friends. Though you all get on my nerves and I can't help but love to torment you all," Cari laughed. "I mean none of you harm. I know you all would kill for her just as I would."

Sabrina laughed, "You know Professor you may not be as evil as I thought."

"Please call me Cari," She smiled.

"Aww, so does that mean we can all be friends now!" I joked.

"So down, little one," Cari laughed.

"Yeah let's just say maybe we're not enemies..." Sabrina smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "You all are so dramatic!" they both laughed.

"Sabrina would you tell the others about the whole Becky situation. I want as many of us to keep an eye out because we don't know what to expect. Though I hope you're right."