Ch. 42- The Grand Finale

(I know it's not Sunday but that's just how much I love you all. Enjoy 😘)

CARI'S POV:

I was not expecting that. Nobody was. That was what Nat did best and that's what kept her alive for so long. She was never what you expected. She'd never do what was expected. The only advantage Nat had was surprise and when Becky found out her secret she lost that advantage. But you can't ever count her out. She was creative, cunning, and patient. Once you counted her out and let your guard down, she'd attack. Even if she was half in the grave...

No one thought she had the energy or strength to be able to kick a powerful witch outside of the protection of her spell. Honestly, she shouldn't have been able to. Not even Sabrina could break the spell it was that powerful. It's either a miracle or she knew something we didn't. She lost enough blood that she was in and out of consciousness for the past 5 minutes. Right now she was hanging limp from her chains completely passed out after the excursion of so much strength. At least this time her heart was beating...

My heart, on the other hand, was in pieces. I thought I lost her. Her heartbeat, at one point, was so slow that I wasn't sure if the next one would be her last. Then, to my uttered horror, I was hit with the unmistakable pain of my soul being ripped from my body, only to leave an empty lifeless vessel. But as if out of thin air her heart jolted back to a steady speed. And I felt a rush as my essence flooded back into my body knocking me to the ground. There was no logical explanation to it but nothing about Nat was really logical...

She died. My baby died. It may have been only for a few seconds but it was a pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy... well except one. The one trapped in my arms. I want her to feel just as helpless as I felt. I want to watch as the life slowly drained from her eyes. But that was a privilege not afforded to me. She may be in my arms but I was just the cage, not the predator. That right was fully my mate's and I couldn't fucking wait.

Becky was captured and secure. Sabrina could counter any spells she tried and if she tried to teleport I was going with her because there was literally no way she could escape my death grip. Her mate on the other hand... was still a problem. Nat was helpless. Her heartbeat was getting slower by the second and if we didn't get some blood in her...well I don't think she'll come back this time.

The good thing is that he looked shocked and panicked. He knew if he tried anything I'd snap the neck of the only thing he cared about.

"P-please d-don't," he stuttered desperately and reached out for his mate. I could feel Becky's heart beating erratically like the trapped little prey she was.

"Look," he began to unhook Nat from her bindings. "You can have her." He lifted her practically lifeless body in his arms holding her bridal style. "We'll trade." He pleaded and motioned for me to take my mate.

"Okay bring her to me then," I said as flatly as I could. I didn't think this man would be so stupid but I could try. If he stepped out of the protection of that spell then we could easily grab them both.

"No-" I quickly covered Becky's mouth after I saw him take a step forward. He really was that stupid. Or desperate. I'm going to bet on stupid though.

"It's okay baby I'll save you," he stupidly assured her just after completely stepping out of the barrier. I smirked and within seconds of him breaking the plane Emma, Kyle, Sam, and Dillan had him pinned to the ground while my sister was cradling my limp mate and Maggie was feeding her, her blood. I finally let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. She was safe and we had our prey...Let the fun begin.

———————————————————————
NAT'S POV:

Black. That's all there was. Nothingness. And cold. So cold. That is until something warm and wet caressed my lips. It smelled of copper and tasted like metal. It was probably my own blood. I've been choking on it for what felt like the past hour. But instead of coming out of my mouth this time, it felt like it was going back in. Maybe my blood was finally listening to me? I gulped when it started to block my airways.