Ch. 41 - The Cabin

It all happened so fast. One second I'm screaming for Cari at the top of my lungs. The next second I have Becky breathing down my neck. Then in the blink of an eye I'm flying through some portal and crashing onto the ground hard enough I heard a crack in my wrist underneath me.

"I see you haven't teleported a lot," Becky laughed.

"Are you sure you're even a wolf?" Her mate mocked above me. "Aren't you supposed to always land on your feet?"

I choked down a whimper as I cradled my wrist and rolled onto my back to look at my murderers in the eyes. I refused to go down without a fight. I refused to look weak in front of them. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

"You're thinking of cats you fucking imbecile," I rolled my eyes at them. But suddenly a saw a foot flying at my face. This time I was too slow to catch it so Becky laid a nasty kick to the side of my skull.

"Shut the fuck up!" She spat at me as I stared at the pretty stars floating in my eyes. "Jake is smart and handsome." She cooed to her mate. I was really hoping to live my life never learning his name but I guess we can't have everything...

Suddenly it felt like I was floating. Damn, that hit really fucked up my brain. But then I realized I actually was floating. Becky was using a spell to make me levitate mid-air. It was also now that my vision stopped spinning enough for me to take in my surroundings. It looked like we were in the living room of some sort of cabin in the middle of the woods. Becky was walking away to get something as Jake was staring at me with hatred.

"Look babe...a piñata!" Becky said cheerfully while she turned around with a dangerous smile on her lips and a baseball bat in her hand. Dear God.
———————————————————————
CARI'S POV:

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE!" I screamed with pure rage at the last surviving member of Becky's pack. I should have never even left my baby for a second. It was only less than a minute. I was so distracted trying to cover up the murder we just committed that I didn't realize Nat walked off on her own. Until I heard her scream for me. A scream that will forever haunt me. She was so desperate. So scared. But I wasn't fast enough.

"Why the fuck should I tell you! You're going to kill me either way!" The witch shot back. I wouldn't even need her to tell me if it wasn't for the fact that Becky must have teleported her to a place she covered in magic that muted our bond. I could barely sense her. All I could sense was slight discomfort. I couldn't even mind-link her and I couldn't sense where she was. She was one big blind spot.

"We will kill you faster if you tell us now," Emma seethed through her canines. She was having the same problem. She couldn't communicate with Nat either. No one from her pack could. This had to be a very powerful spell they conjured. It must have been all they were working on for the past week. This was their plan all along. Get us distracted enough so that Nat was alone and then they could make their move. Becky never cared about whose lives it would cost. Her packmates were just pawns in her game.

The witch was still silent. Even with 10 supernaturals threatening her and a very angry human staring her down. She had nowhere to go. After Nat screamed every supernatural was just quick enough to catch sight of her before she disappeared. Sabrina immediately did a spell that stopped the last witch from teleporting away. And Dillan told the refs they forfeited as Emma dragged the witch out of the stadium with all of us following. Now here we were in the woods next to the school about to commit horrible acts until we had answers.

"Bad choice," I said as my eyes shown blood red and my fangs fully extended. I saw a flicker of doubt in her eyes as she saw my deadly state but it was too late for her. I shoved my hand through her chest so that I was clutching her heart. I felt it struggle to beat under my grasp. Her eyes were bulging out of her skull as she choked for breath through her blood-filled lungs.