Ch. 34 - The Full Moon

Joseph and I played tag until I eventually just gave up. I was exhausted from running all around the house and never tagging him once. No one helped me either. Everyone just watched me run around like a maniac.

"That's it," I panted as I collapsed on the living room floor. "This game is rigged."

A rush of wind hit me and I was now staring into the playful eyes of Joseph. "Aw come on Nat! You gave up so easily!"

"Joey I have been running around this house for 30 minutes and you never even let me get close!" I whined.

"I'm sawwy," Joseph said as he got down on the floor and cuddled me. Okay this man is so fucking cute!

"It's alright," I smiled and snuggled closer to him.

"Nat I like it when you play with me," Joseph said in a small voice.

"Joey I'll play with you anytime you want," I whispered tenderly and kissed his forehead. "Always."

"Nat I'm so happy you're family now," he said emotionally.

"Aw Joey," he was going to make me cry. "I love you." I snuggled further into the big vampire.

"I love you more," he kissed my cheek.

"Who wants blankies and toons!" Izzy sang holding a tv remote in one hand and a cozy blanket in the other. Bitch if this is what being a little is...I am fucking down.

Both Joseph and I nodded eagerly and Isabel chuckled at the excitement in our eyes.

"Alright scoot," she made a motion for us to separate so she could lay between us. Joseph and I looked at each other skeptically and then just held onto each other tighter and pouted at our daddy. They were going to have to physically rip us a part because Joey was far too comfortable to let go of.

"Good luck with that Izzy," Cari laughed at how cute were being. "They are attached at the hip now."

"I guess you don't want head rubs from daddy then," Isabel shrugged and pretended to walk away. My eyes widened. How dare she threaten me like that!

"Wait," I said quietly. Izzy slowly turned around with a victorious smirk on her face. This bitch! "I want head rubs..." I mumbled so quietly it was almost unintelligible.

"What was that baby girl?" Izzy said with a teasing smile. Fuck this man! Now I just crossed my arms, pouted, and avoided eye contact with her.

Izzy laughed at my antics. "I should have known Cari's mate would be stubborn." She knelt and pinched my cheek.

"Whatever," I huffed and tried to roll to my mate but the second I reached her I was being picked up.

"Ah, ah, ah," Izzy tsked as she pulled me away from Cari. "I still have 30 more minutes..."

"Babe, save me!" I clawed for Cari as Izzy held me on her hip the way you would a toddler. I was trying to do everything to get out of my sister-in-law's death grip. But I was going nowhere.

"Sweetheart, you did this to yourself," Cari laughed at me and did nothing to help.

"Shh calm down baby girl," Izzy cooed and ran her hand through my hair. Blame it on the wolf genes because I was in complete bliss. I immediately calmed down.

"Well now we know how to turn her off," Maggie laughed heartily.

Cari, hit Maggie for me please, I sent in dazed voice.

Sure thing, baby, Cari laughed.

"Hey babe," Cari smiled playfully at her best friend. Maggie's face immediately turned to one of fear. Everyone knew what that face on Cari meant. It meant...run for your life.