Ch. 20 - Household

Cari's POV:

It never got easier to leave her. Yes, I would see her tomorrow, but I needed her more than she could understand. When she said she wanted to go on a date with me my heart practically stopped. Well, I mean it barely beats in the first place...

I have been patiently waiting for weeks for her to speak those words to me. I knew the second I saw her she was mine; it took everything in me not to take her right there, but I saw the fear in her eyes. Her heart practically beating out of her chest. I mean don't get me wrong, I am a sadist and any other time her fear would only make me want her more, but this fear was different. This was not a game; she was fearing for her life.

It didn't make any sense. She should have wanted me as much as I wanted her. It was like she knew who or for that matter...what I was...Which was impossible. She was human. Yet there was something unusual about her. She acted differently than any other human I met. I don't know if that was just the bond talking or if there was something there? But if she was that fearful of me, without knowing who or what I am...I am terrified to tell her the truth. She would almost certainly reject me.

I had to be myself though. We were made for each other so the surest way to push her away would be for me to not be myself. Unfortunately, I can be a bit of the devil...which does not help her fear. I can also be very...possessive and controlling...what? I'm not perfect! Well, I smiled to myself, to Nat I am...

I hated sharing and her friends were practically more possessive than me. I couldn't help but torture them little. I mean they deserved it for keeping me away from her. Not that I'll ever stop torturing them but if Nat really is in danger then I needed all the help I could get and they loved her so much. It made sense because Nat was full of so much love that just being around her would melt even the coldest heart. I can personally attest to that.

I knew she was slowly beginning to trust me, and I was beyond relieved about that. But I could tell she was still holding back. I was breaking down walls but there were still plenty more to go...

"Cari! Where have you been?" I was greeted by my angry-looking sister once I entered my house. Well, castle more like it...

"Isabel may I remind you that you live with me. I am older than you. And you have no authority whatsoever over me to act like I'm past curfew or something." I groaned in annoyance. If there was one thing I despised it was being told what to do. I didn't live 938 goddamn years on this earth to let my 823-year-old sister tell me what to do!

"Bitch do you really not remember?!" My best friend yelled as she walked around the corner. Who the fuck do they think they're talking to?!

"Maggie, what the fuck?" I glared at her dangerously but obviously, she wasn't fazed. I've thrown her through enough walls in our life that it's nothing to her anymore. So I may have anger issues...

"Alright, you guys relax..." Maggie's mate Jessica spoke calmly and stepped between us trying to ease the tension. Jess had to break up a lot of fights in our household. No one wanted to hurt the bottoms...and of course, Joseph was too much of a bottom to ever even intervene.

"Cari, remember, we were supposed to go on a hunt tonight," Jess spoke as sweetly as she could.

"Oh..." I said feeling embarrassed about my earlier reaction.

"Yeah oh! Bitch we waited for you and we're all starving!" Maggie exclaimed.

"Well, I had to take care of a problem! And....well, I lost track of time at Nat's place."