2| Eye Catcher

Chapter 2|Eye Catcher

Grayson

"I'm so bored!" My best friend, Liam whines. I let out a bored sigh of agreement. Every year I come to this ball, dress up in stupid shirts and ties that suffocate me and to top it all off I have my father pointing out everything I did wrong in the evening.

I pat his back. "Go dance then." I gesture to the hurd of dancing bodies on the dance floor.

"Can I have this dance?" He holds his hand out to me with a smile.

"You wish." I smack his hand away while chuckling.

"Holy shit." He whispers staring at something.

"What?" I ask. He's in his world so I follow his eye line to see the Quinn family.

There, the most beautiful person I have ever seen. Nova Quinn, long tanned legs shine under the lights, her raven hair scraped back showing all of her beautiful face. She is everything any man could ever want. Her hips sway effortlessly as she walks down the steps. Her aqua blue eyes are the most beautiful eyes, I could stare at them all day.

She smiles and greets a couple and holy shit. Her smile is just as stunning as her.  She truly is an eye-catcher.

"Dude...snap out of it." Liam waves a hand in front of my face.

"What?" I ask him now irritated.

"You got a little." He points his finger to his lip.

"Oh yeah?" I slap his finger away.

"Yeah, you know just something right there." He backs away as I come closer, a huge smile on his face.

I start to play wrestle with him, taking him in a headlock. Scuffing his hair as he wiggles around trying to get out of my hold. "What were you saying?" I bend down to see his face.

"You boys better be behaving." We both come part and stand sensibly to the sound of my father.

"Yes sir," I say, my smile now gone.

"Good. Now behave we know our image, show it." He says sternly before my mum comes over with a sweet smile.

"You boys look great!" She looks between me and Liam.

"I was just saying the same." My father looks at me with a glare then at my mum with a small smile.

"Well go on then, have fun tonight." She shoes us away as she smiles and talks with my father.

"I will always be terrified of your dad." Liam chuckles.

"Yeah." I laugh back even though it's not funny. Because I am, I'm terrified of my father.

"Look, now your chance. Go talk to her." Liam nudges my shoulder.

I look over to see Nova standing by herself with a glass of champagne in her hand as she looks at the crowd.

"I don't know." I hesitate.

"Dude, go." Liam pushes me closer to her.

I walk over to her, standing next to her she doesn't seem to notice my presence yet.

"You look bored." I make myself known.

She turns to me and if I thought she was beautiful from afar, a close-up is a whole other story. Just as I thought I would, I'm trapped staring at her beautiful eyes. The bright blue shines and twinkles in the light. Her cute button nose has light freckles scattered around and on her cheeks. Her red, plump lips draw me in. To kiss those lips is like the perfect dream that you never want to wake up from. She. Is. Stunning.