18|Stay The Hell Away From Him

Thank you so much for the 3K reads!!

18|stay the hell away from him

Nova

My whole body felt like a tonne of bricks. My head was pounding. I brought my hand up to soothe the pain, groaning as I do. "Nova?" I opened my eyes, looking for the panicked voice.

Sitting across from me is Grayson. He looks like shit, his hair is ruffled everywhere, bags under his eyes as if he has never seen sleep. He smells a bit too, not that I would tell him that. "Are you okay?" These are the first words that sound from my horse throat.

He chuckles, his head falling between his hands as he shakes his head. He looks up at me with relieved eyes. "Seriously? Nova, you got shot and you're asking me if I'm okay." I feel my cheeks burn as he sighs.

"I guess so..." I trial off, only now looking down at myself. Wires go through my hands and arms, a drip beside my bed. The oximeter clipped to my finger, reading my pulse. "What happened?" I ask, confused.

Grayson runs a hand through his hair roughly, his eyes darkening as he looks down. "Some wanker fucking shot you." He grumbles, his knuckles turning white as he clenches them tightly. I place my hand over him, his warmth soothing my cold hands. "I nearly lost you, Angel." He mumbles.

I rest my forehead against him, "But you didn't, I'm okay." I whisper. He closes his eyes tightly, keeping my hand in his. We stay like that for a few minutes, basking in each other's company as if we've been deprived of each other for weeks.

"How long have I been here!" I ask, suddenly aware that I could have been here for weeks. Grayson pulls away but keeps his hands clasped around mine.

"Five, nearly six days."

"What?!" I shout, my voice waking up Kelly and Liam who sit on a couch on the other side of the room.

"Nova!" Kelly's up and charging towards me in a second. I'm too shocked to ask her where she was as I was searching for her, my mind coming up with the worst possibility.

"You've got to be kidding me?" I ask. There's no way I've been out for that long.

"What's wrong?" Kelly asks, her eyes looking over me frantically.

"I've been out for nearly a week." I look around the small hospital room, the thought now settling in. I've been shot, in the hospital for nearly a week. My father's going to kill me.

"Fuck." I curse.

"What?" Everyone's around me instantly. Grayson's hand tightened around mine.

"My family. Do they know? Have they been here? Oh my, god there going to kill me." I say breathlessly.

"Calm down. They know and they've been here as much as they can." Kelly reassures me, her hand gripping tightly in mine.

"Oh..." I sigh, I glare down at the bed watching my toes wiggling, as if I need to make sure I can still feel them.

"Oh good, you're awake." I look up to see a doctor coming in. She smiles kindly at me, holding a chart In front of her.  "Can we have a minute alone?" She asks. Liam and Kelly nod, bidding me goodbye as they walk out of the room. The doctor looks at Grayson who acts as if she's not there. I sigh and turn to Grayson. Giving him a stern look he pouts, but hesitantly leaves.

"Right, let's have a look shall we?" She takes out any unnecessary wires and tubes, also taking off the oximeter from my finger. She checks my vitals and goes on about stuff I have no idea about. I nod my head when needed and fake a smile as she talks.