27|I Cant lose You Too

Nova's POV

"This is going to be the toughest mission you've had yet!" Alex yells as we all line up in the gym. "You'll need to work together, or else you will die!" Beside me, Grayson scoffs. I elbow him in the side not that it has any effect on him. He peers down at me and I give him the look.

"This gang is dangerous don't underestimate them. There tactical and always have a plan so you need to be prepared." Alex walks down the line as if he's pacing. "As you can see there are new people here, so get to know each other."

I look down the line of people and see around five more new faces. I groan when I see Elizabeth standing with them, she's gonna be a pain in my ass.

"We'll be flying you to California in two weeks' time so before then train harder than you ever have before." He stands in front of us with his arms crossed.

"Go!" He yells and people begin to rush all over the place.

"This is bullshit." I look up to Grayson to see him scowling.

I sigh and look around at everyone grabbing weapons and hitting the mats. I narrow my eyes at the new people just walking in here as if they own the place. "Agreed," I mumble.

"Nova, I need your help." Kelly comes up to me with Nathan following behind her. He's still here?

"What's up?" I walk away from Grayson and towards the mats with Kelly next to me.

"I need to learn how to shoot." I stop and look at her as if she's crazy.

"Kelly, do you not remember how terrible you were?" I chuckle. She groans and stomps her foot like a child.

"I'm sick of being this scared girl, I wanna be like you and fight. All I do is sit back and nearly have a panic attack." She gives me her puppy dog eyes that always breaks me.

"Fine! Although, I would like to say I don't think you sit back and do nothing." I pat her shoulder while she rolls her eyes at me. "Alright, this way." I walk over to the weapons, the wall covered with every gun I could think of.

It's a beautiful site.

"Let's just start easy." I pick up a small Glock 19 and hand it to Kelly. She feels the weight of it in her hand turning it around admiring the steel.

"Okay, it doesn't seem too bad." I chuckle just waiting for her to implode when she actually fires it.

"Okay now come over here." We walk up to the firing range where I set up a new target and hand Kelly some headphones. "I've kept it close, to begin with so don't put too much pressure on yourself." She nods her head.

"Just focus on actually hitting the target consistently." I watch as she holds the gun up terribly. Her stance is all off and her shoulder is going to kill when she fires. "Wait," I say and walk up to her.

I take her non-dominant hand and place the pistol in it. I spread part of her thumb and index finger, placing the gun in the center. I wrap her other finger around the grip of the pistol and secure her grip by wrapping her thumb around the grip. "Apply enough pressure then relax," I say. She does as I say and I watch as her hand then relaxes.

"Now place your finger on the trigger, don't shoot." She does as I say focused. "Now wrap your dominant hand around your hand to give it support."

"Your feet should be shoulder length sort with the foot opposite your dominant hand about a step past the other foot." I nod my head as she does what I say. "Good, now lean forward slightly with your knees bent, making sure you're firmly balanced. The elbow of your dominant arm should be almost straight and your non-dominant elbow should be flexed at a slightly obtuse angle." She huffs but does it after taking her time. "Your dominant arm must be in line with the handgun and pointed at the target."