14| Goodnight Angel

14|Good night Angel
Grayson

"See ya, lover boy." Nova winks at me as she struts away, swaying her sexy hips.

I bite my lips shaking my head, fighting away the grin that threatens to escape. That girl will be the death of me, I'm sure of it.

"Dude! Where the hell have you been?" I turn my head to see Liam looking at me with panic.

"I was just having a steam." I rub the back of my neck awkwardly.

He furrows his brows then looks me up and down with scrutiny. I sigh, knowing he sees right through me when he raises a brow at me in disbelief. However, despite knowing there's no way of getting out of it, I continue to lie.

"I find that hard to believe." He mumbles. I let a smirk loose.

He clears his throat and shakes his head. "Anyway, not the problem. I just saw some dude kissing my girl!" He says through clenched teeth.

I begin to walk, Liam following close behind me. "Who cares? You ditched her right?" I ask confused.

"Doesn't mean she gets to share tongues with someone else." He argues from behind me. I walk out of the area and head back to our cabin.

"Last time I checked...it does." I shrug, rolling my eyes at my idiot friend.

"You're supposed to be on my side." I look back at him as I open the door, waking into our cabin.

"I am."

"I feel like there's a but." He mumbles walking into the kitchen.

"But, what did you expect her to do? Pine after you like a lost puppy? You ditched her, you only have yourself to blame." I chuckle heading up the stairs to have a shower.

He grumbles under his breath, sitting himself down on a stool. I sigh and sit beside him. "If you want her to go after her. Don't just sit here and complain." He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"It's not that simple." I look at him confused. He turns to me with a frown. "She's...damaged, man. She needs a gentle guy, a guy that will look after her." He looks down at his hands, playing with his fingers.

"Then be that guy."

"I can't. I'm not that guy, I'm the complete opposite of that guy." I stand up and grab two beers out of the fridge, opening them and sliding one to Liam.

"Look, I don't know much about the girl. Frankly, I don't care too." Liam shoots me a glare and I give him a smirk. "But...if she means a lot to you, then I'll help you." I take a sip of my beer.

"Thanks, man, how's everything?" He changes the subject.

I roll my eyes and lean my arms on the island. "Fine. Everything's fine." I shrug, avoiding the curious gaze Liam sends.

"Nova?" I shoot Liam a look as he wiggles his brows up and down suggestively.

"Is fine."

"Mmm. So when are you guys going to get together?" He bellows out a laugh as I choke on my drink.

"Funny." I cough.

"What happened to 'if you want her to get her'?" He smiles at me, still chuckling at himself.

"That was advice you needed, not me," I grumble.

"Maybe you should take your advice." I chuckle as he smacks me on the back of the head as he makes his way to the fridge. Probably rummaging through it for the cheesecake I hid.