36|I Want You

Nova's POV

"We'll meet you at the doors soon."

"Okay, be careful." I nod my head and quickly kiss Grayson goodbye before splitting up.

Kelly, Eva and I walk to the east side of the museum my eyes scanning everywhere. We turn the corner and immediately me and Eva putting our bags by our feet and opening them up.

I pull out the grappler and so does Eva. "Ready? On three." She nods her head. "One, two...three!" I whisper shout. We both throw it with all our strength watching as it flys to the top hooking onto the roof.

I tug on it to make sure it's secure. "Okay, ready to go?" I turn to Kelly who stands back.

She eyes the height with a frown. "You sure this is safe?"

I look up at the rope that hangs from the roof then back to Kelly. "Yeah, sure." I shrug. She gives me a dead- panned look. "You'll be fine, come on." With hesitation, she begins to climb the rope. I grip the rope between my hands placing one foot onto the wall and push myself up.

We slowly get closer and closer to the roof, our climbing figures blended into the dark as if we were never there. "Okay! Just pull your self up." I whisper shout to Kelly as she comes to the end of the rope.

She reaches one hand out to grasp the ledge but her hand slips. She begins to fall letting out a yelp. She flys past me and I reach my hand out to grasp her wrist in my hand. The sight of her makes my grip on the rope fumble a bit. We both freeze, Kelly's small body swaying slightly below me. I breath out heavy breaths my hand beginning to burn from the tight grip on the rope.

I feel Kelly's wrist in my hand slowly begun to slip. I look down at her, her big eyes wide with fear me being her only hope of not falling. "You're gonna be fine. Just don't let go." I breath.

Taking a deep breath I pull her up with all my upper body strength. When she's close enough to reach the rope, she clings onto it for dear life. I wrap my arms around her body afraid that when I let go she'll fall.

"You really keep us on our toes." Eva chuckles.

"I think I just peed my pants a little." I let out a breathless laugh, adrenaline pumping through me.

"Okay, let's go. We don't have time to sit." I swallow and help Kelly climb the rest of the way. Once she's safely on the roof I feel my self slightly relax. I push myself up onto the roof, heaving a breath with my hands on my knees.

"You okay?" Eva asks. I nod my head and shake the nerves out of my body.

"Good. Let's go." I walk past them and head to the bars.  I shimmy my body through the bars, Eva hands me the rucksack with the tools in. "I'll cut the glass first, then you two slide through."

"You got it."

I begin to cut a perfect circle in the glass, my hands holding the glass. I take the suction and gently pull the glass out. I slide the glass through the bars to Eva who takes it and wraps it in a cloth, hiding it away. I wave my hand telling them to come through.

They both slide through the bars and climb through the window meeting me inside. We all look down. "That's a big drop." Eva mumbles.

"I doubt bones will be broken?" I say but it comes out more like a question.

"So who's going first?" Eva smiles. Kelly's shakes her head and Eva turns to me.

"Why do I always have to go first?" I groan.

"Because you're our favourite." She smiles at me. I flip her off and look down at the drop again.

"Fine. Here goes nothing." I close my eyes briefly before jumping down. My feet meet the marble floor and I stubble slightly from the impact. A slight echo echos through the room. I freeze on instinct waiting for anyone to bust my ass.