37|She's Gone

Nova's POV

"Look at you." I tease Grayson as he slumps into the chair beside me.

"Don't fucking say a word." He grumbles.

"Oh come on, I think you look cute as a delivery boy." I chuckle, pinching his cheeks into a smile.

He slaps my hands away with a scowl, making my smile widen even more. "This is fucking stupid." He folds his arms over with a grunt.

I look at his little delivery outfit holding in a laugh. Grayson tugs on the light blue polo shirt that's tucked into cream shorts that go down to his knees. I can't help but chuckle at the sight of Grayson Blackwell, looking like a frat boy.

"I'm going to change." I let out a laugh that follows him as he stomps into the bathroom slamming the door.

I turn my head to Grayson's side of the bed, the sound of his phone ringing. "Grey, your phones ringing!" I yell.

"Who is it?"

I sigh and reach over to grab the phone. My face falls when I see it's his dad. I stare at the phone watching it continues to ring, the shrill sound seeping dread into me. "Angel, who is it?"

"It Uh..." I can't decide if I should tell him or not the possibility that it will just anger Grayson and he'll push me away is, almost definitely.

"What's wrong?" I look up to see Grayson coming out from the bathroom, his clothes stripped from him apart from his boxers. He walks over to my side, brushing my hair back.

"Nothings wrong." I sigh and hand him his phone. He furrows his brows and takes the phone. His posture stiffens when he sees the missed call from his farther. "I'm sorry I didn't answer it, I just..." I trail off sighing. Guilt overcomes me almost immediately.

"It's fine. It's probably better this way." He throws his phone onto the bed, it bouncing across the mattress.

I swing my legs to the side of the bed, a frown on my face. "You can talk to me about it, you know that right?" I ask.

"I know I can. There's just nothing to say." He shrugs his shoulders, collapsing on the bed with a grunt. He folds his arms and rests them under his head.

I turn my body to him and let out a soft sigh. "How did the delivery go?" I change the subject knowing that's as far as Grayson will go.

"It was fine. We got the art out without anyone questioning it. Then we flew the fuck out of there." He turns his head to look at me briefly before looking back up to the ceiling.

"That's good." I nod my head. "Wel-

I'm interrupted when Liam barges through the door nearly taking it off it's hinges. I sit up confused about the sudden intrusion. "What's up?" Grayson sits up.

Liam swallows and says something that makes my whole body go cold and freeze. "It's Kelly. She's gone." He breaths.

From the corner of my eye I see Grayson turn to me. I blink at Liam, my mind not believing what I just heard. Kelly isn't gone; she can't be. I shake my head letting out a forced laugh. "You're wrong. Kelly's here in the building."

"Nova-

"No! Okay, Kelly isn't gone." I shake my head roughly.

"I've checked everywhere. She's not here." Liam sighs.

I abruptly stand up. "What do you mean she's not here? Where the hell is she?" I scream.

"Calm down." Grayson goes to walk closer to me but I flinch moving away from him.