11|No Free Shows

Chapter 11|No Free Shows

Nova

"No." Grayson shakes his head.

"Grayson." I glare at him.

"Nova, you are not wearing that." He points to my silver scope dress, it has a plunging v-neck that shows off my cleavage and an open back that stops at the bottom of my back.

"Gray, if I wear this I'll fit in. If anything I'm probably wearing more than others in there." I try to reason with him. Who would have thought I would be the one thinking strategically?

"I don't know how I feel about this." He shakes his head looking at the dress.

"Ugh, Grayson it's just a dress." I roll my eyes and go back into the bathroom.

"I wouldn't call that a dress." I hear him argue from the other side of the door.

"Luckily, I don't care what you think." I change back into my shorts and T-shirt.

"Nova, just promise me something." I turn to Gray who looks seriously at me.

I place the dress on the bed and turn my attention to him. "What is it?"

"Wear pants and don't bend over." I roll my eyes but can't help but chuckle at the man.

"Got it. No free shows." I joke. He gives me deadpanned look showing me he found that anything but funny.

"Gray, it's fine. Stop stressing." I smile at him as he runs a hand down his face. it's funny watching him get all frustrated about a silly little dress.

"You remember what you have to do?" He asks.

"Yes. Walk in, act innocent, catch his attention and let him take me to the room. I'll get info off of both parties and then suggest going somewhere private. Distract him until you come and then he dies." I nod my head summing up the plan for tomorrow night.

"Good. Now about that dress." I groan throwing the nearest thing at him, which happens to be my heels.

***

"Hey, Kelly." I smile when I answer the phone.

"Nova! God, I need you back." She groans and I chuckle imaging her pouting.

"Oh yeah? How's your job?"

"Well, Alex didn't make me do much. Eva did most of the work, you know breaking into places and all, so no big deal..."

"Kelly."

"Yeah?"

"You can freak out now." There's a minute of silence on the line.

Then she freaks out.

"Nova! I don't think you understand, we broke into a top-secret location and stole important information about rich ass people! I'm going to go to jail for the rest of my life and die there. This is a big deal!" After her rant, her heavy breathing is all that's heard.

"Kelly, first, you will not be getting caught or going to jail. You're under the mafia's protection and we do whatever the fuck we want. Second, I'm positive that information is important and you'll be helping someone greatly. So calm down."

"I guess when you put it like that...I dunno Nova. I don't think this life is for me." She sighs.

"Kelly, you're in good hands. You know I wouldn't let anyone hurt you." I promise.