6| Say Hello To Our New Home

Chapter 6|Say Hello To Our New Home

Nova

"Have you got everything?" My mum asks looking over all my packed bags.

"Yes, for the millionth time." I laugh.

"Okay. I'm going to miss you." She hugs me.

"I'm going to miss you too mum," I say sadly into her shoulder. I close my eyes, the smell of her surrounding me, making me feel comfortable.

She pulls back with a sad smile and tearful eyes. "I'm only going for the summer. You can't get rid of me that easily." I joke.

"I wish we could," Jake mumbles.

"Yeah, well the best day of my life was when you moved out." I stick my tongue out at him.

"The worst day of my life was when you were born." He says back.

"Liar, I made your life a fucking party." I scrunch my eyebrows looking up at him.

"Nova!" I roll my eyes as my mum scolds me.

"Come here, I guess I'll miss you." He pulls me into a hug.

"Yeah see how life is without me," I say muffled into his chest.

His chest shakes as he laughs. "You mean when it was perfect?" I pull back frowning as he laughs.

"Okay come on my turn." My dad says with open arms.

I walk into his arms, his height towers over me as his arms wrap around me like I'm in my protective bubble.

"I don't want a phone call saying you've caused problems okay?" He looks down at me sternly.

"I'll make sure they don't phone you when I do." I smile innocently at him.

He shakes his head and lets me go. I nod them a final goodbye before climbing into the car. I wave at them through the open window with a slight frown.

I sigh turning to Ben after my family goes out of the image.  "Do you think they'll be okay?" I ask Ben.

He looks at me through the mirror before backing at the road. "Of course miss. Try not to worry." He reassures me.

"Yeah. I try not to." I sigh looking out at the open window.

The wind blows through my hair, closing my eyes a smile makes a way to my face as the feeling is freeing. I frown when the wind stops I open my eyes and notice we have stopped.

"We have arrived at miss. Kelly's house." Ben says as he climbs out of the car. I join in and climb out of the car and run up to the door.

I knock on the door my feet moving continuously. I'm nervous and excited to see Kelly. I didn't mention Liam being in the mafia he wasn't ready to tell her and I had to respect his wishes, so I had to lie. It's been hard to.

"Oh! Hello Nova." Kelly's mum smiles as she opens the door.

Every time I feel guilty when I see her. Kelly wasn't the only one who was hurt because of me. Kelly's mum now suffers from PTSD, it took a while for her to walk out of the house. Even longer for her to answer the door.

As if she can see what I'm thinking she interrupts my thoughts. "Nova, please stop beating yourself up. We don't blame you." She smiles sadly at me.

"I know, I'm sorry," I say sincerely. She nods her head with a smile.

"We know honey." She says softly.

"Hey!" Kelly comes running up to the door with her bags in her hand.