21

Recap
I was getting ready to say sum when I saw something or someone out the corner of my eye.

I turned my head looking at the person standing a foot away from me.

My whole demeanor changed.

"Mom?"

Third person omniscient
Khaya flashback 9 years old

"Daddy when is mommy coming home?"

"Awn princess mommy is almost home. Go get ready so we can show her your hair."

"Ok."

Khaya ran upstairs to put on her outfit. After looking at herself for the longest she finally decided to wear the tiara that went perfect with her light green tutu and her white shirt that has her name on it.

Putting on her black little shoes she heard the door downstairs. Thinking it was her mom she went downstairs almost tripping.

She saw it wasn't her mom so, instead of wanting to get yelled at by her dad for being in "grown folks business" she hid behind the wall. She couldn't fully understand what they were saying just little things.

"I have a right to see her Devontae." A female voice spoke up.

"No Sheila you lost that privilege when you were still doing drugs when you were pregnant wit OUR child."

"I wasn't in a good place I swear I am-

"Get out Sheila. She doesn't know about you."

"You're really going to play pretend with my daughter. We both know this will come back to haunt you. She's my daughter you bastard."

"It's nice to see you finally want to call her your daughter after the hard part is over. Waking up 3 or 4 in the morning feeding her. Clothing her. Bathing her. That wasn't you that was all me."

"You won't take her from you, you piece-

"Daddy who is that?" Khaya asked coming from behind the wall.

"It's nobody princess she was just leaving."

"It's nice to meet you Khaya." Sheila held out her hand for Khaya to shake.

"You too ma'am."

"Leave." Devontae told Sheila.

She looked at Khaya and spoke.

"I'll see you real soon pretty girl."

Khaya waved at her watching the nice lady walk out the door. And that was the last time Khaya saw her.

Present

"Mom?"

"Khaya sweetheart. I've missed you." She tried to hug me but I backed up.

Remember how I said that was the last time I ever saw my mom? That was a lie. When I turned 12 she tried to call cps on my dad. Saying he was molesting me. Abusing me.

Cps was around for five whole months. They even took me to the doctors to see if I was touched. Obviously I wasn't my father wasn't the type do something like this. Especially to his own daughter that he went through hell and back for.

When we got the court I had got called to the stand. I told them my father was the nicest man you could ever meet. I really tried to protect my father but there somethings that I didn't even know about him. Like he was in the otf gang. He had a son. He lied about my mother being dead. Even thought I wasn't really mad about that last part. I didn't want to meet her even if she was alive.

The only reason I am alive to this day is because of the doctors. They saved me. I'm suppose to be dead. All those chemicals she took in her body should've killed me but it didn't. Even tho I suffer from breathing time to time but other than that I'm straight.

"You must have a lot of questions. I promise-

"Why are you here?" I asked looking at her.

Aw shit. It's starting. I need Rah. I need my brother. He's the only one who will understand me right now.

Ok I sort of lied. It wasn't just a little breathing problem. I also had anxiety. Like really bad anxiety. That made me stay frozen in one place without speaking.

"Sweetheart I wanted to see you. I've been doing so much better. I know that I haven't been a good mother. But if you let...

She trailed off.

She noticed my frozen body. And my heavy breathing.

"RAHHH!" She yelled.

"I don't care who you are don't call me ra...

Rah trailed off noticing me.

"Shit." He ran over to me.

"Tf did you do to my sister." He yelled at her, but still looking at me.

"N-nothing I w-was j-just talking to h-her." Sheila stumbled over her words.

"Yea well you're the reason she has these problems. You provoked them by showing up. She was doing good before yo ass came back." He said finally turning around to looking at her.

"D grab the car keys we gotta take Khaya to the hospital before she pass-

Before he could even his his sentence. I felt the room spinning a lil bit. I started seeing black spots before everything went black.

"Shit. Khaya." I heard someone say before fully passing out.

I love you Rah.

I'm not sure if this is really a symptom that Khaya has I made it up. So 👩🏾‍🦯

But seeing her mom caused her to problem to resurface.

Comment,vote,share, and ofc enjoy 💕

Don't forget to check out my other book
Choices and mistakes