forty seven and a half

"It was never home."
Marina Young's POV

        There was no sleep, just the continuous stare that consisted of him and I

There was no sleep, just the continuous stare that consisted of him and I. Soft smiles permanently stitched to the color of our lips, sometimes words would escape, sometimes it was just silence. But it was okay if he was there. "You look beautiful." He whispers, the delicate flutter of lashes follow along. The three words make me grin, the warmth of love buzzes off my skin.

"You're beautiful." I repeat, a simper begins to control his mouth, indenting its way into the past of his cheeks. Dimples decorate his face. "You've told me that already six times in the hour." I comment now about his words from before, it causes him to shrug. He doesn't seem bothered by it.

"I meant all of those times too." He states, he reaches out for my hand. It's much colder than his and it makes me take a breath in relief from the sensation of his fingers intertwining with my own. "I don't know how to start." Harry brings up, his thumb concentrating on rubbing at one spot.

"To start what?" I murmur to him.

"With everything." He vaguely answers. "I did just sort of came here out of nowhere and now I'm in your bed." Harry bluntly explains and I nod, trying to conceal a laugh that follow along to that.

"Naked too." I add and he chuckles from that. "But I don't think that matters." I confess. "It sounds like us." I tell him, shaking my head. "Complicated." I say the word and he nods too.

"Yes." He agrees. "But within all those months before." He mentions. "I wanna know who you are." He whispers and I feel the drowsy state disappear into the corners of the room to hide. It's replaced with much more serious intentions. "Don't you think we should talk about that?"

"Yeah." I admit, the feeling of fear starts to crawl its way up from the shadows. "Truthfully it sort of makes me nervous." I state. "I think that I came here with different intentions that I told you about and it ended up .. Different from that." I explain and he shrugs after my explanation.

"I'm just here to listen." He tells me.

"And you want to listen to all of it?"

"All of it, Sunny." He confirms.

"I want to go home." I finally confess, aloud. "For a long time, I've wanted that." I begin to shake my head in disbelief at admitting the failure of my adventure. "I would dream about Malibu ... Sometimes it felt like all I had was the sound of the waves there." I told him.

"What happened here?" He asks me, Harry watches me intently, listening to every word and even reading between those explanations. It was what he was always good at. It causes me to take a soft breath.

"Forcing uncomfortability isn't going to make you magically comfortable." I say. "I spoke to a therapist while I was here ... I hoped it would make a difference. Not just on my own but with someone else adding onto that progress." I tell him and Harry reaches, pushing a strand of my hair away when I speak. "Spoke about you a lot, spoke about Malibu, my habits, my parents."