eleven

You're scared of flying?
Marina Young's POV

       "You're scared of flying?" He asks me

       "You're scared of flying?" He asks me. It had been the day of departure to Japan and I felt my stomach create knots within the walls of my abdomen. Harry only questioned me on the status of my relationship when it came to airplanes because I did tell him I had a fear of them. We both sat beside one another when I buckled my seatbelt and tightened the strap to the max.

"You see that's a funny story." I tell him when I tuck hair behind both of my ears as I look over to him. "Typically I would say, yes I am. But right now I'm good." I was really hoping he didn't want to get into details of why I used those words. But with Harry describing himself as 'inquisitive' I found that hard to believe.

"And why is that?"

"Because I am so high right now." The words spilled out like they were meant to be said aloud and when they do I cover my mouth. Harry's eyes widen as a smile progresses on his lips. I'm glancing around the different rows of the plane and the people piling in to make sure they didn't hear me. Harry begins to laugh.

"Oh my god this just made my morning." He states and I furrow my brows when I hit him lightly on his arm. "What?" He whines and I shake my head. "I don't think that there's anything wrong with it."

"Listen I have my reasons." I try to defend myself, despite him saying he didn't mind it. "Normally I'm really anxious on flights. On short ones I don't use anything but flights like this, I deserve some marijuana to help me." I whisper the last part and he raises his hands in surrender.

"Sunny baby, you don't have to explain it to me." He says. "Although I'm very curious because I always took you as the type to travel a lot." He adds and I smile weakly when I nod.

"I do when I'm on tour. But on my own behalf," I pause as I shake my head. "absolutely not. I'm more of a road trip, on the ground, in a car type girl." I tell him and he's chuckling. We don't talk for a minute until he speaks up.

"So are you the type of person to be chill when you're high?"

"Harry!" I whisper yell as he nonchalantly asks me that question. I'm looking around again to make sure no one heard him. "Can we not announce that I'm high to the whole plane?"

"So the paranoid type." He answers himself and I scoff now when I cross my arms like a child. I decide to take it upon myself to look at the window instead of him. "Hey, I'm joking." He says.

"I know." I tell him when I turn my head to look at him for a moment.

"You're kind of cute when you're high." He says as we stare at one another and I try to conceal my smile when I look back at the outside world. I shake my head slowly when I take in his words.

"You're such an asshole." I tease, hearing him break out into faint laughs again.

"I love your pet names for me." When we started the flight and the plane began to ascend into the sky was when I felt like the drugs weren't really helping me calm down. It was Harry assuring me that everything was alright that it felt like I could breath again. Harry fell asleep on the plane right away and I ended up staying up longer than he did. I did fall asleep as well but woke up once there was turbulence. Harry was already awake and we spent the time talking for a little until the both of us fell asleep again. But when the long flight ended I never felt more at ease. We got off the plane together but separated to find our luggage in hopes of the both of us not getting bombarded at the airport. Even if I heard commotion overcome the crowd when I saw him walk in the opposite direction.