seven

You're friends with Harry Styles?
Marina Young's POV

      "Elizabeth, I thought these wake up calls would be over when I came home

      "Elizabeth, I thought these wake up calls would be over when I came home." I grumble, the back of my hand rubs my eye. When I look over at the time it reads 8am and I feel a groan forming.

"Very funny, Marina." She teases on the other end of the phone. "But I told you that I was gonna call you to hear some updates on the album." The last word brings dread to my heart and I feel my anxiety already build it's way up to my throat. It causes blockage before I could speak. "This isn't a break from music, Sunny. It's a break to make more music." Elizabeth informs and I sigh softly as I sit up.

"Yeah I know that." I tell her.

"Good because it's one of those days." She brings up. "What's the update? Any new songs."

"Of course there is a new song." I say and I cringe faintly when I know that my choice of words will not be satisfactory under her terms. Even more when she takes a deep breath.

"Song?" She questions. "As in singular?" Elizabeth emphasizes and I take a moment to frown and think about that fact.

"Yes." I figured if I fucked up already I might as well own it. Even more so when I know how Elizabeth was. The woman resembled a strict mom attitude which I always thought was mandatory when it came to be pushed to doing your best. Especially at a career like this. But with that being said, there were always consequences to when I wasn't on the right track in her eyes of success. "Liz, I know what you're thinking right now and it's not worth it." I say. "My fans will know that it's you who killed me." I add, trying to ease the tension. It was screaming at each of us through the phone.

"Marina you don't know what I'm thinking right now." She states. "Because it's definitely not part of our contract." Elizabeth explains. "What have you been doing this whole time? It's been over a month since tour has ended." Come over and ask Harry Styles.

"I know."

"You know?" She mocks. "You realize you promised me that you were gonna write me so many things for your first album that you would be drowning in it." Elizabeth repeats my words.

"Well," I pause trying to get myself out of that situation. "I've learned how to swim, I don't have to drown anymore." I get out, knowing she wouldn't like that answer.

"Marina." I also knew what that meant as well. "What have you been doing these past weeks if you are not writing?" Elizabeth wanted answers and it was her job to figure out what happens in my life then try to put it all together so it leads to my success and not my doom.

"Funny story actually." I say with a weak laugh. "I met this guy-"

"Oh my god, Marina. I can't do relationships right now when we need to be focusing the public on your debut album." She interrupts me already freaking out about what I have said. "I can't have another Dylan situation." And suddenly I feel my world stop, the mention of that name becomes a trigger for my mind to dispose of itself to another world. Except in this universe I am surrounded by water which consumes my body. It sinks my lungs making it harder for me to breath and stings my irises causing me to only visualize darkness. He was apart of the problem when it came to relationships. Because he ruined what was left of me to ever fall in love. Even if that sounded cliche, even if I was being dramatic. I couldn't help but be tarnished by those lingering touches and false words.