thirty nine

"Harry you essentially named your album after me."
Marina Young's POV

       If I ever knew what it felt like to love someone, it was because of Harry

If I ever knew what it felt like to love someone, it was because of Harry. And that not only simultaneously made me grateful but also utterly hopeless in this lifetime. Perhaps, in another one, I would fall in love in the way I was with him. Only that time, it wouldn't feel so tragic and tortured as I stood outside the recording studio. Both of my hands on my waist as I take deep breaths and calm myself from the words of 'fine line' still floating in my mind. "Sunny?"

I turn my head to him opening the front door, a worried expression stitched to his features. I laugh a little sadly when I shake my head. "I'm trying to calm myself down." I tell him. "And you being out here with me won't help." I state when I look back down at the sidewalk. It hurt to breath but I didn't want him to know that as I talk to myself in whispers. Even if I still feel him.

"Sunny." He says my name again and I look back up to him.

"Harry I'm serious." I say. "Just leave me alone and I'll be fine." I tell him again but it still doesn't seem to click when he takes a step toward me. There is frown that ghosts over his lips. "Harry."

"You know there was once a time when just my presence calmed you down." He lets me know and I scoff now, a small smile follows as I shake my head again. I look to him with uncertainty.

"Well that was before you kind of broke my heart."

"I guess you're right." He reasons with me. Then he watches as I keep trying to breath in and out. "Well," He begins. "Can I at least try something?" He offers. "If you don't like it I'll leave." He says. And I wish I didn't have my brain get a signal from my heart that made me nod along to his question. Because soon enough he comes closer, Harry suddenly wraps his arms around me in a comforting motion. At first it's uncomfortable and a little unfamiliar. Until the feeling settles in and I shut my eyes, remembering the way it felt to have him hold me. Almost forgetting that it was hard to breathe for a second. Then after normalcy comes back I make myself pull away.

I take a few steps back when I clear my throat. "Thank you." I say awkwardly. "That helped." I tell him and he smiles faintly. "I, uh, forgot how those help a lot." I confess, my eyebrows furrowed when I look down. When I peer back up Harry shrugs when he crosses his arms.

"You don't have to thank me Sunny." He tells me gently and I nod. "I'm sorry the song made you freak out a little." Harry brings up and I shake my head, not liking how that was worded.

"It wasn't that." I say trying to find the way I can put it instead. "It's just a lot. I know it's been awhile but all of those lyrics about us and fine lines, it was ... It was a lot." I repeat the last part again. Harry seems to agree when he nods, he runs fingers through his hair before he speaks.

"Well then I'll make sure not to sing you any of the other songs I wrote." It seemed like he was saying this more to himself than me. I don't question that part. "They're kinda all about you."