thirty six

"Where were you?"
Marina Young's POV

       - lets prepare for a sad chapter !! IM SORRY :( -

Forty-eight days, seventeen hours, and thirty minutes. It had been forty-eight days, seventeen hours, and thirty minutes since I have last spoken to Harry. And I wished I hadn't counted, I wished that the world didn't invent time and that each day, each hour, each minute, every second didn't count. Wanting to pretend like my world didn't seem so grey from the last time he made it seem like I existed in his world. Now as I stand on the red carpet, every moment a flash and shout from photographers, I wonder what his world looked like. If it could be any more vibrant than my own. "Marina!" They shout. "Look over here!" They command.

I paste a smile on my lips when I glance in every direction. I give them a minute before I begin to walk off again, continuing my way through the event. "Marina Young, the woman of the hour." An interviewer says, her thick British accent is said to a microphone as she looks at me. She offers me a hand that I take as she guides on the pedestal she stands on in front of cameras. "Babe you look gorgeous, please tell us what you're wearing tonight." She gushes as I smile.

I look down at myself and run my hands over the teal velvet of the dress. "Thank you." I say back to her. "I'm wearing an Elie Sab gown. I love it so much." I comment as I peer up back up to her. "How are you? Everything good?" I ask her now, making conversation. "It's so good to be here."

- let's pretend the dress is Elie Sab lol-

"Oh, love, we are so happy to have you here." She says. "This is your second year at the Brits right?" She questions and I nod along, folding my hands. "Only last time you had one nomination and now you are up for four and you're performing." She explains and I feel butterflies from her words. "I mean that's insane, how does you make you feel?" She asks.

She puts the mic near my lips when I sigh deeply, trying to connect my thoughts to say out loud. "It honestly leaves me speechless." I state, a small laugh following along. "A lot has happened in a year and having four nominations, being able to perform at the Brits ... It all feels like a dream."