sixteen

I didn't want to come home.
Marina Young's POV

       Being back in Malibu felt like everything that happened in the days of Japan was from a too good dream that I woke up from

       Being back in Malibu felt like everything that happened in the days of Japan was from a too good dream that I woke up from. I was grateful to be home with Mango and in the familiar walls of my house. But I would be more appreciative to be back in that big apartment in the city of Tokyo. "Come on, I need details." Tori tells me as she takes a seat on my sofa. Tori had came over the next day she heard I got back home. It was good seeing her face after all this time. 

"Alright, alright." I say as I tuck hair behind my ear, I bend down to pick up Mango. I have refused to let go of my bunny since coming home. I think I missed him the most. "Where do I start?"

"Can we maybe get to the point where we explain how the kiss happened?" 

I almost forget sometimes that an intimate moment has been shared with the whole world as well not just me and him. It makes me frown faintly. "Right." I say. "Well before we even went to Japan I sort of started gaining these feelings toward Harry." I explain. "I just didn't tell anyone ... I was hoping I I didn't say it out loud it wouldn't be true." I add. "But here we are so." 

"Okay so then what?" Tori asks.

"Well when we got to Japan it was sort of normal between us. We were doing the same things we've been doing here. Then I started realizing that maybe it wasn't just coming from one person. His friends, Mitch and Sarah, started to tell me about how he talks about me a lot and that he doesn't act this way with everyone he meets." I explain. "So I felt like maybe it wasn't so unrealistic that I was the only one that was starting to catch feelings. But I didn't tell him that then ... Actually I couldn't say anything until I was drunk off my ass at a karaoke bar with everyone. That's when I told him I liked him a lot and more than just friends and I wanted him to kiss me." I tell her and Tori listens intently. "But he didn't." 

"What the fuck?"

"Just wait." I reply back and she nods now letting me continue. "He told me he wanted to kiss me when I wasn't drunk out of respect for me and because he wanted it to be a better moment."

"Well that's fucking cute." Tori comments and I nod agreeing.

"Yeah so we went home and I found that he found out that I was a big 1D fan .... But that's another story because it just turns out I'm not that sneaky." I say more to myself but then shake my head. "Then we got home we just talked a little and cuddled. I knocked out and then the next day was ... interesting." When I say the story I start to remember the bad parts of this situation.

"That's when he kissed you." She excitedly says. But I laugh weakly.

"Actually he sort of ghosted me for like three days as we lived in the same apartment together."

"What the fuck?"

"Just wait." I repeat. "So he wasn't there when I woke up and he didn't talk to me for three days and just ignored me. I was really upset and I almost came home and cried to you. But instead I stayed, wrote some sad, angry songs. His friend Sarah helped me through it." I state and she nods even though I could tell she didn't like how the story was going. "But then on the fourth day of no reply he finally spoke to me. We resolved it over a very deep conversation and then we were okay again. He apologized." I explain. "Then the next day we went on a picnic." I begin.