thirty five

His parents had their own gallery.
Marina Young's POV

      "You got me a gift?" Gemma asks in disbelief, her eyes brightening after the words leave her mouth

      "You got me a gift?" Gemma asks in disbelief, her eyes brightening after the words leave her mouth. She grows the type of smile that causes you to posses the same one on your own lips. "Sunny, are you crazy?" She adds and I shrug my shoulders when I sit on the corner of the couch, with a grin as I continue to stare back at Gemma.

"Maybe a little." I confess. "But just open my gift for you." I command lightheartedly. "It's nothing super big but when Harry would talk about the type of person you were, I thought you would like it." I explain when she starts to unwrap the tiny box. "At least I hope you like it," I get out with a little frown forming. "I like to think I'm good at reading people so." I mumble that part as I watch her open the box where a ring is placed in it, almost making me realize how I have been on a roll with the rings this Christmas.

Gemma scoffs now as she smiles and shakes her head. She looks at me and starts to push herself up from the floor. "This is beautiful, I love it." She gushes when she wraps her arms around me in one of the warmest embraces. It makes me stay paralyzed for a second until I hug her back and feel my eyes shut from the feeling of hugging someone who seemed to care so much. "You definitely did well." Gemma says as she pulls away and starts to put the ring on her middle finger. She moves her hand out and wiggles her fingers slightly as she studies the jewelry.

"Sunny is a good gift giver." Harry mentions, a little sleepiness in his voice as he takes a seat beside me. "You should see Mum," Harry brings up with a little smirk. "I've never seen her run upstairs so quick just to put a cat sweater on." He remarks and I laugh a little at the way he describes my gift being something she was so excited about. "She stopped me in the kitchen to show me that and the earrings you got her ... She loved it." Harry tells me and I smile gratefully.

"Good." I say when I look at him with a contentment. "They all deserve it."

Harry smiles faintly when he leans forward, a mug of black coffee in his hand as he places a delicate kiss to my forehead. When he pulls away, I watch as Gemma calls for her mother as she disappears, leaving the both of us alone. "And speaking of gifts." He replies with. "I hope you don't think I'm letting you slide without one." Harry states and I furrow my brows with a little smirk lingering.

"You didn't have to get me a gift, Harry."

"But I did." He says. "And I wanted to." Harry answers. "Come upstairs with me?" He asks as he makes himself stand up again and I stare at him before I follow along. I notice his amusement.

"You're not planning to do something that would put me and you on the naughty list, are you?" I challenge and it makes him chuckle softly before he shakes his head. He takes a sip of his coffee.

"What?" He asks. "Like something you did this morning?" Harry taunts.

I widen my eyes as I look behind him to make sure no one was around. "I don't know what you're talking about." I lie as I cross my arms. "I know I'm on Santa's nice last." I tell him. Harry rolls his eyes now when he offers me his hand with a little emphasis for me to take it.