Unexpected admirer - Church x Reader

(Y/n) looked down at her phone as it alerted her to a message. She had only just got back from Rusty's, celebrating another successful mission with the rest of the team. Well in truth, the shit had hit the fan as usual. But whether by luck or judgement, they had managed to drag themselves out of the great steaming pile of excrement that they always seemed to get into, and the Expendables were once again home, safe and well. Apart from a few cuts and bruises.

(Y/n) sighed as she leaned forward to grab her phone, sure that every bone and muscle she had, still ached. She had told Barney, Christmas, and the others that she was heading home for a quiet night. That she would normally join them as they made their way through the bars, painting the town red. But this time, as much as she loved each and every one of them, spending the last month being couped up with nothing but the smell of men's body odour, and Barney's cigars filling her nostrils. The sound of them bickering, comparing knife sizes, and Galgo's incessant chirpy chatter, had led the only female on the team to need some serious alone time. So now she was slightly irritated that despite her warnings to leave her alone unless they wanted their head ripped off, it seemed probable that one of her slightly inebriated teammates had seen fit to take his life into his own hands.

"Which ever one of you this is, I swear that you better have a good excuse." (Y/n) complained to herself as she pressed the button on her phone so that she could read the message.

"Come to the bridge at 10. It's important." The message read. (Y/n) staring at it as she recognised neither the number nor the strange request.

"Wrong number, buddy. Sorry." (Y/n) told the phone as she threw it onto the cushion next to her on the sofa.

"The only thing I am gonna be doing at 10, is drawing myself a bath. Filling it full of the girliest smell bubble bath I can find. Pouring myself a glass of wine. And soaking in the tub until I don't smell like a men's locker room anymore." (Y/n) continued, as she closed her eyes and leant back onto the pillow behind her head.

"Holy Shit!" (Y/n) exclaimed. As once again the phone next to her chimed. The explosives expert trying to calm herself before she turned her cell phone into a projectile.

"(Y/n). Please meet me at the bridge at 10. It's important." The message read. (Y/n) knowing that this time it was definitely no wrong number.

She knew that she had never seen the number before. But there again, the boys had a terrible habit of breaking their cell phones every other week. And (Y/n) wouldn't be surprised if one of them had had to change their number as they had probably forgotten their old one. But for whoever it was not to elaborate further as to why they would want her to go to the bridge of all places, at such and hour, and not even tell her who it was, was sending alarm bells ringing in her head.

There was no way she was going to go into this blind. But if someone wanted to meet her that urgently, then it must be important. So, the only way for her to get any answers was for her to phone the boys.

Quickly she clicked on Barney's number. The call going on and on until it suddenly stopped. (Y/n) cursing under her breath as she scrolled down the Christmas' cell number. The call ending in the same way. A few moments later and she had called all of them. Not a single one answering, to elaborate on the unusual message that she had received.

"Sometimes I hate you guys." (Y/n) growled, as she reluctantly got up from her sofa and reached for the 9mm Ruger that she kept in draw of the desk that sat near the front door. The mercenary making sure that the weapon was fully loaded before she left the apartment. (Y/n) concealing the gun in the waist of her jeans, as she climbed onto her bike.

                                                     >>------------------------------<<

Church sat quietly in his car. The heavily tinted glass making it difficult for him to see in the ever darkening night. But he knew that she would come. Knew that if (Y/n) thought that the message was from Ross or one of the other rascals, she couldn't ignore it. Knew that she would do anything if she thought that one of them could be in trouble or needed her.